CJPP unbranded axle-back?

OP
OP

HeadShrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Pkg, Comp Orange
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] I've seen you help a lot of people with questions about their cars. I also appreciate that you have found an exhaust system that you adore. This one is about those who have or want to try out the CJPP Unbranded axle back. Yes, there are some that make comments about other systems, including me.

I would like more input from those who have actually tried the CJPP unbranded or equivalent.
Been driving with the CJPP axle back for a few weeks or maybe a month now. Continue to really enjoy the sound, definitely NO drone at all. Cold-start is much louder than stock but really isn't that bad. No neighbors have complained about it and my wife actually likes it, which is definitely a plus.

I really enjoy downshifting and listening to the exhaust now. It does not burble, pop or crackle, just sounds deep and bass-y.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Been driving with the CJPP axle back for a few weeks or maybe a month now. Continue to really enjoy the sound, definitely NO drone at all. Cold-start is much louder than stock but really isn't that bad. No neighbors have complained about it and my wife actually likes it, which is definitely a plus.

I really enjoy downshifting and listening to the exhaust now. It does not burble, pop or crackle, just sounds deep and bass-y.
Hows the sound at cursing speed? I love a good note, but would like to have it quiet when need be.:D

Are you running the stock resonator with those mufflers?

Never mind.......just went thru the thread again and back in post #33 you said "This axle-back is the only thing I have done to my exhaust system."..... :)

Last edited:

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Hows the sound at cursing speed? I love a good note, but would like to have it quiet when need be.:D

Are you running the stock resonator with those mufflers?

Never mind.......just went thru the thread again and back in post #33 you said "This axle-back is the only thing I have done to my exhaust system."..... :)
At what speed do you start cursing?? :lol:

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I'm just curious, but has anyone out there with an MBRP Street exhaust modified it and put an axle back on to make it a little more aggressive?

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thanx for the write up Bill. Great thoughts. I am interested in sound level at crusing speeds. Looking forward to your opinion. :cheers:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Better than expected weather today although the wind chill was -1.

Finished up some test drives with the new system installed and first I'll give a little background on decibel (db) tests with the cars. The db's are the highest level reached, not an average.

FIRST db LEVEL:
My car has Firestone Indy 500's, no added insulation.
The road is fairly smooth, one mile was chosen to test.
Radio and air turned off.
55 mph speed set on cruise.
Stock exhaust.
The car reached a high of 80db.

SECOND db LEVEL AFTER ADDING THE SOUND INSULATION:
With the same conditions as above my car reached a high of 78db.

THIRD, MY WIFE'S CAR FOR COMPARISON:
P Zero Nero All Season tires, no insulation.
Stock exhaust.
Her car reached a high of 81db.

FOURTH:
My car with H-Pipe and axle backs added, with sound tube, 84db.

FIFTH:
Same as above with the sound tube plugged, 83db.

SIXTH:
Bothe cars at warm idle 10' back.
Hers, 69 db.
Mine, 82 db.

The axle back have a deep tone with no rasp. In addition, when you let off the gas it has very little burble. It sounds very quiet in the cabin until the car is under a load such as going up a hill. Under those conditions there is some drone. Not ear splitting, but not a pleasing drone compared to our 454 car with headers, cam, and 3" exhaust. I'm going to compromise the sound tube and leave it plugged. The db meter didn't register much difference, but it is a much more pleasing sound and my wife agrees. While at stop light with the car in gear it has a slight sounding lope.:)

Outside of the car my wife loves the sound. Inside the cabin it's a little to loud for her. If she decides to add axle backs to hers, the resonator will stay on.

I'm pretty pleased and we'll see how it sounds when it has a chance to burn in.
You just couldn’t wait, could you? :lol:

I appreciate all you efforts with these mufflers. :headbang:

Thank you very much Bill. I hope some day I can be as informative on a topic of your keen interest as you have been. :first:

OP
OP

HeadShrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Pkg, Comp Orange
Thanx for the write up Bill. Great thoughts. I am interested in sound level at crusing speeds. Looking forward to your opinion. :cheers:
It is not very loud at all but once you roll onto the throttle the volume is there. I do not need to listen to the radio at a higher volume than before to hear it, if that makes sense. If i want to hear some more from the rear I put the windows down.

Still no drone or issues. Still mounted very solidly after about 1000 miles and driving through a few snow storms (salted streets like crazy). Yes I know 1000 miles is nothing for testing longevity but hey its all the data I have.
Sponsored