Sponsored

Roush axle back or Solo axle back?

SIEDOGG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I can’t decide between the Roush axle back or the Solo axle back for my ‘17 GT. I’ve been comparing for weeks now and it’s too close to call. I can’t seem to find any good videos of the Solo system on YouTube. My main concerns are drone and rasp, as long as it’s not crazy loud. Does anyone have any experience with the Solo axle back?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We had the Roush on our shop car here at Lethal Performance with a resonator delete and it sounded killer. If you are looking for axle back only, it doesn't have much drone what so ever, but once you start messing with the rest of the cat back or even headers, it will for sure have some drone, but sounds super good! Only have a clip with the resonator delete and Roush axle back, not the axle back alone.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I would personally go with the Roush set myself. They sound great, and have that low grunt note to it. If you are interested in going that route, we are having a sale on Roush exhausts coming up on the 28th of Nov. Hit me up if you have any questions.

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Look into the Steeda Axle back, deeper sound than the Roush & no drone.

Sponsored

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Are you using the stock resonator or an H-pipe? Would adding headers later on cause drone with either setup?
I have no resonator or cats. I have long tubes with an x pipe and the Steeda axle back. No drone.
Sponsored