CJPONYPARTS...REALLY?!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The top pic looks like the sides are bent outward and the back is also deformed. Would putting it in a vice be a good way to fix this without overshooting the mark?

Also, this begs the following questions:

Was the part damaged during manufacturing at BMR and/or before it shipped, or did it happen during the possession of the courier?

Was there any damage on to the box that it arrived in?

Was the part drop shipped from BMR or stocked by CJ Pony Parts?

I wonder if BMR would be willing to step in and send you a new one with a return authorization for the damaged one? If so, they may require card information from you to retain on file, in case they never receive the damaged part.

I have also seen where other companies have instructed the customer to literally cut up or drill holes in the damaged product and send photos, so that they know it wonā€™t be reused or resold by the customer.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The top pic looks like the sides are bent outward. Would putting it in a vice be a good way to fix this without overshooting the mark?
I'm not a safety inspector, quality control, or structural engineer but I would imagine any time you start messing with welds points it weakens them greatly.

To bend that back you are looking at doing some tom foolery with the weld between the flange and the bar no?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm not a safety inspector, quality control, or structural engineer but I would imagine any time you start messing with welds points it weakens them greatly.

To bend that back you are looking at doing some tom foolery with the weld between the flange and the bar no?
Quite possible. I would recommend conferring with BMR before anything like that is done. Having said thst, the best method would be for either BMR or CJ Pony Parts to step in and send a new one immediately.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Quite possible. I would recommend conferring with BMR before anything like that is done. Having said thst, the best method would be for either BMR or CJ Pony Parts to step in and send a new one immediately.
Agreed. As a consumer, you vote with your wallet. If someone messes up they either make it right or don't expect any future custom from me. My response is commensurate with the cost of the purchase.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
SpiderMeme.png

Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Maybe it wasn't bent. Perhaps these are simply welded on a bench, not in a fixture that aligns everything for welding. Welded parts move like crazy when they cool down, and should be fixtured until cooled. A fixture for that part is inexpensive to make. Just my .02. I wouldn't want a part bent like that. If it was only a tight hole, I'd run a drill thru it and be done.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
the more I talk about this the more pissed I get... I've wasted 10 times more $$$ then these things cost, but I won't be wasting a dime with CJs...
How did you pay for it? Hopefully credit card. Put a hold on the purchase until you are happy.

H2P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Had a similar experience with CJ about a year ago and I never went back. They wanted me to send back a full catback setup on my own dime after it came mangled and dented in several areas. The box was completely spotlessā€¦..

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
This is quite disappointing to see. I have quite a large wish list saved up at CJ Pony Parts ($2k) and this really makes me question if I wanna spend a dime with them.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sad, but probably very true. If the box has no damage though (not sure if it does, as the OP hasnā€™t said), then it would fall squarely on the manufacturer and be indicative of a QC issue.

Best thing each outfit could do is photograph the package while itā€˜s in their possession, so as to help narrow down the responsible party In the event an issue like this arises.

Sponsored

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Had a similar experience with CJ about a year ago and I never went back. They wanted me to send back a full catback setup on my own dime after it came mangled and dented in several areas. The box was completely spotlessā€¦..
I've heard enough. While I have never been a big big forum participant anywhere this is the kind of service that really makes me wonder about the business practices certain companies follow. If a sponsor to a forum like this treats forum members like this one can only imagine how they treat people outside of the forum. I greatly appreciate the contributions of most all of the members of this forum. I especially appreciate those exposing the poor business practices of vendors when I am contemplating spending big money down the road customizing my ride.
When a vendor requires a customer to send damaged goods back on their dime when the issues are not the fault of the customer it tells me I do not need to do business with them.
I've heard enough to know that I'll not be perusing CJ's site anytime soon.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sad, but probably very true. If the box has no damage though (not sure if it does, as the OP hasnā€™t said), then it would fall squarely on the manufacturer and be indicative of a QC
The boxes, inner and outer are trashed... CJs has pictures of everything...
You missed this.

PJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Mustang
CJ needs to handle the return at their cost, and send you a replacement part. If they won't, as Bikeman315 said, dispute the charge with your credit card company. Then, cross CJ off the list of companies you'll do business with in the future.

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is the powder coat cracked where the part is deformed?

If the answer is no, the part was bent before powder coat was applied and baked. This makes it a BMR issue. Send BMR pictures and ask them if this is normal or acceptable.

If the answer is yes then the damage happened in transit. In this case the question is which leg of the transit did the item get damaged.

If the item was received at CJ with a damaged box/contents and they accepted it, stocked it and sold it; this is on them.

If the item left CJ in pristine condition and was damaged in transit to you, what is CJ's policy towards damage caused by the shipper? Was the package insured?

PJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Mustang
Is the powder coat cracked where the part is deformed?

If the answer is no, the part was bent before powder coat was applied and baked. This makes it a BMR issue.
Right, but it's an issue between BMR and CJ Pony Parts, not between BMR and the OP. This is a brand new part, and the expectation, when ordered is that it'll be as CJ asserts it to be.

This is CJs issue to fix.
Sponsored