Sponsored

CJPONYPARTS...REALLY?!

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Anyone ever have any issues with CJPONYPARTS?

I ordered a BMR CB763H front k-member brace (from CJ) and when I received it, it was damaged (bent). I called them and went through the process of sending them a few pictures. A few hours later I get this stupid email from their customer service lead...

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 2.13.16 PM.png

Stupid on many fronts; 1) I called bmr and they stated that this part should not be bent and would clearly need to be straightened before installing, 2) I paid full price for an undamaged part and they never offer any type of consideration. I would have expected something along the lines of, sorry for the inconvenience, here's a x% discount. Nope I got this stupid email. So... I called and then and only then did they offer $25... which is fine. But boy that's some crappy service. Bye CJPONYPARTS!!

For those that think this bend isn't so bad, I agree, but I didn't buy from their "scratched, dented, and open box sale".

Damaged end:
2022-05-24_09-34-22_766.jpg

Undamaged end:
2022-05-24_09-34-26_935.jpg

Oh... if you (CJPONYPARTS) read this post before I get my $25 (that I basically had to beg for) and somehow lose my credit... this post was worth $25 to me. Not to mention you've lost my business FOREVER!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I would be rightfully upset with that product, but at least it was fully painted....I can't say the same for my Steeda brace that their customer services said to just "hit it with spray paint". Looks like quality just isn't a concern for any of these companies anymore.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the bend? I literally can't see it.

Honestly I'm with CJs here. If you can get bolts in (even with a little dremmel work), its fine.

Shipping is going to be more expensive than a couple taps with a mini sledge, which seems like all this would take to correct. Unless I'm missing something obvious...

Sponsored

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
A few months back someone from Lethal Performance was complaining about consumers asking for discounts... hmm. I get it, profit margins are tight and we all have to eat and pay the bills, but $hit, I be damned if I'm going to accept this type of customer service.

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Honestly I'm with CJs here. If you can get bolts in (even with a little dremmel work), its fine.

Shipping is going to be more expensive than a couple taps with a mini sledge, which seems like all this would take to correct. Unless I'm missing something obvious...

Cool... just advertise on your page, our $hit won't be perfect, you may need to dremmel, hammer and repaint...! At least we'll know what we re getting into with CJs.
Look at the pictures again...!

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Cool... just advertise on your page, our $hit won't be perfect, you may need to dremmel, hammer and repaint...! At least we'll know what we re getting into with CJs.
Look at the pictures again...!
better angle
bent side:
2022-05-24_15-56-43_854.jpg

Dremmel where...

undamage (not bent side):
2022-05-24_15-57-16_439.jpg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I would be rightfully upset with that product, but at least it was fully painted....I can't say the same for my Steeda brace that their customer services said to just "hit it with spray paint". Looks like quality just isn't a concern for any of these companies anymore.
Yeah, I have recently had the displeasure of dealing with a "quality" issue with BMR and a CB005 brace which magically grew in length after it left their factory. But because I bought them new from someone who never installed them, and I discovered that one is longer than the other, I now own the problem. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hing-lockout-kit-pics-info.23215/post-3557351

tonys_gt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Rapid Red GT500
better angle
bent side:

Plastic deformation like this would mean that it can't be used as a structural member. For a company to say that's okay to use, shows how much they don't know and how they are merely middle men with no consideration for their customers. Seriously, that would not pass any safety inspection.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
better angle
bent side:

Dremmel where...

Was the package banged up? Looks like it was dropped hard. If the box looks good it wouldn't surprise me if BMR shipped it that way.

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Was the package banged up? Looks like it was dropped hard. If the box looks good it wouldn't surprise me if BMR shipped it that way.
The boxes, inner and outer are trashed... CJs has pictures of everything...

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
This kind of stuff rocks me to my core. I'm dealing with the same type of thing with a GT500 hood from Vicrez. Their Freight Forwarder (Pilot) handled the delivery and the Bodyshop just wrote me to say "The box is basically trashed. We'll inspect it and let you know what is damaged and what is missing". You wouldn't believe what I paid for shipping to get it here to Canada too so I'm excited to see how bad I got boned LOL

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Would the vendor file a claim with the courier? Either way, somebody should be making this right. The level of effort with these vendors to correct problems is discouraging. Then on the other hand we have couriers going out of their way to destroy anything heavy or oversized that passes through their system.

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
the more I talk about this the more pissed I get... I've wasted 10 times more $$$ then these things cost, but I won't be wasting a dime with CJs...
Sponsored