YBLEHSGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Shelby
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the same issue with Lethal - kooks shorted parts and the made me double pay for the catbacks they never shipped - poor service from them both lately. At the expense of my credit card - they claimed the shortage with Kooks - took the credit and double billed me.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Echo the sentiment re CJ Pony Parts. Well before Covid I ordered a Tru-X resonator and it arrived damaged and with very little internal packaging. Somehow it didn't punch through the box but one outlet was caved in as though it'd been dropped on its end so was clearly shipped that way.

CJ Pony initially said no problem we'll send another. Heard nothing for 3 weeks, then was asked for photos and after chasing up several times over the next month they renegged and said I damaged it. Back and forth for another month and eventually got another one, total PITA and the renegg alone prevented me from ordering again.

Can't say the experience with BMR has been much better, been dealing with them on a product issue for over 2 months and communication has been extremely poor. Emails regularly ignored and I still don't have an answer to what appears to be a product defect. They've misplaced info I sent at their request, won't respond without a follow up from me, and are generally behaving like they don't care. I want to like BMR but they make it very difficult.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Can't say the experience with BMR has been much better, been dealing with them on a product issue for over 2 months and communication has been extremely poor. Emails regularly ignored and I still don't have an answer to what appears to be a product defect. They've misplaced info I sent at their request, won't respond without a follow up from me, and are generally behaving like they don't care. I want to like BMR but they make it very difficult.
Can't say I've had the displeasure of dealing with CJPP but I have heard enough complaints that I wouldn't even consider order toilet paper from them. Bill does make a good install video though.

You've basically described the exact same experience I have had with BMR. I can't with confidence recommend their products to anyone as a result of their unwillingness to correct a manufacturing problem with one of their parts. They must have had an employee or management turn-over. The guys from BMR used to be regulars on here. They have not been on the forum since April 1.

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I am staring at the photos, wondering where the bend/dent might be. Maybe it shows better in person. And while I agree we all want our parts to be perfect, this one looks perfect to a fairly careful inspection. Their email response could have been a lot better, but I am thinking they may have been having trouble seeing the problem as well. Still, the customer is always right, right? And they should have been willing to cross ship you another part. (For my part, unless it looks a lot worse in person, I'd have bolted that sucker on and sent it.)
Look at all the photos in this thread...

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I am staring at the photos, wondering where the bend/dent might be. Maybe it shows better in person. And while I agree we all want our parts to be perfect, this one looks perfect to a fairly careful inspection. Their email response could have been a lot better, but I am thinking they may have been having trouble seeing the problem as well. Still, the customer is always right, right? And they should have been willing to cross ship you another part. (For my part, unless it looks a lot worse in person, I'd have bolted that sucker on and sent it.)
1654001856304.png

bent side

Sponsored

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
1654001919575.png

the side that's not bent

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This is the worst part (highlighted in yellow). This metal is supposed to be flat. Now bent out of shape as a result being dropped. Attempting to straighten this could break or weaken the welds. Unacceptable and should be replaced.
1654002890385.png

Cropped for those with podophobia. :giggle:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t say I had any issues but all the stuff I bought was smaller not large like you guys. Largest I bought was roush y pipe.

but that was as soon as I got mustang 2019, Ifeel like profit margins got thin, so they just quit offering discounts for m6g and cut it off eventually as they don’t need the extra business now

Prob getting more than they can handle

Speculation purely

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Had a similar experience with CJ about a year ago and I never went back. They wanted me to send back a full catback setup on my own dime after it came mangled and dented in several areas. The box was completely spotless…..
I didn't have the exact same issue, however, i wanted to get some clear tail lights for my car and when looking at the renegades I was not aware on the 18+ refresh they changed the tail lights slightly. Another forum member commented on pictures I shared after putting them in that they were the 15-17 style lights so went back and looked between them and the ones that came with the car and was pretty disappointed. Was already past 30 days of purchase and had installed them and part of the seal where the wires/connector go in were damaged when popping it back out so I won't order stuff from there anymore. Had an improper description of the part, however, was also partly my fault for not knowing they had updated the tails in the 18+ I suppose.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
And this is why I always use Steeda
Steeda way overcharges shipping to Canada. So my steeda parts are through team beefcake racing.
Sponsored