Chevy SS Sedan vs S550 GT

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
0-150mph, the GTPP is a full 3 seconds faster. You can look up the times via Car and Driver.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
[ame]

Looks like even Q50s v6 is even faster than the chevy ss! I really don't see this being a close race with the gt.

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Wrong Engine.

Nope. That SS-V doesn't have the LS3 like the US does. Gotta wait for the new series II's to come out.
This.

Looks like even Q50s v6 is even faster than the chevy ss! I really don't see this being a close race with the gt.
These guys can't drive. The times for an SS sedan and an Infiniti Q50S are not close.

I'm thinking an SS sedan and a Mustang GT would be a very, very interesting race:

C&D 2014 SS Numbers:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.5 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.1 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.6 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.1 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.9 sec @ 111 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 160 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 153 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.95 g

C&D 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package Numbers:
Zero to 60 mph: 4.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.4 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.9 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 9.6 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 9.0 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.0 sec @ 113 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 164 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 149 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.95 g

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
These guys can't drive. The times for an SS sedan and an Infiniti Q50S are not close.

I'm thinking an SS sedan and a Mustang GT would be a very, very interesting race
Agreed.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You shouldn't have had any problems beating it, Brian. I raced one a couple months ago going down St Rt 741 while fine tuning my E30 tune and was inching ahead of him even beyond triple figures. When I got off the throttle, his nose was at my rear passenger tire. We got stopped at a red light and he asked if that was the new GT.....needless to say he was in disbelief when I said no. :lol:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The SS runs really good. I believe the curb weight is just under 4000lbs, with 415hp and 415tq it should not be as close to the Mustang as it is in my opinion. Can some one explain why these cars are so close?
That 415 torque number means a lot. Fatter, lower power curve, too. More area under the curve (advantage, Chevy) makes for a faster overweight sedan.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You shouldn't have had any problems beating it, Brian. I raced one a couple months ago going down St Rt 741 while fine tuning my E30 tune and was inching ahead of him even beyond triple figures. When I got off the throttle, his nose was at my rear passenger tire. We got stopped at a red light and he asked if that was the new GT.....needless to say he was in disbelief when I said no. :lol:
Oooh, I bet he was burning after that! :D

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
I actually had a chance to race one. Both auto mine with 3.55. I beat him both times. Only mods are catch can,wheels and tires.

Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Stock vs Stock would be a drivers race. If you go by magazine times both are posting 12.9's-13.0's. Real world times will be slightly different.

Both are great cars and easy to mod, be careful with a tuned SS, some may have an LSA lid underneath... a few out there in the 10's with that mod.

Definitely a sleeper 4 door sedan.
We got a local car with the LSA blower swap and all the typical LSmods, cam, etc. Car goes mid tens with ease, looks sleeper, doesn't sound sleeper though, cool cars for sure.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
We got a local car with the LSA blower swap and all the typical LSmods, cam, etc. Car goes mid tens with ease, looks sleeper, doesn't sound sleeper though, cool cars for sure.
That's the car I was talking about lol.

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Tuned Ecoboosts are a lot faster than they have a right to be; they really do put down some great numbers and the weight savings from the I4 helps with handling compared to V8s.

That 415 torque number means a lot. Fatter, lower power curve, too. More area under the curve (advantage, Chevy) makes for a faster overweight sedan.
According to Car and Driver, the automatic SS with the moonroof weighs 121 lbs more than the 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Package. Considering the SS's huge, higher quality and quieter interior, four doors, and far larger trunk, I think the Mustang's the one that's overweight. It's too bad Ford didn't keep the weight numbers where the 2014 was at. The SS also feels a lot lighter and smaller than it really is; it's only when one gets into some seriously aggressive, high speed canyon carving that one starts to feel the 3900 lb. weight. The Mustang feels pretty heavy all the time.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
That's the car I was talking about lol.
My buddy tunes that car, there's a couple more coming out that he did as well with similar combos :headbang: