Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

DarkAgent10

Awesome work! The vertical bars in the grill make a TREMENDOUS difference in the entire look.
Agree 100% the grill is what makes this look right.

I wish someone here 'in the know' could confirm this look will make it on to at least the GT. I could breathe a little easier if thats true.
Sponsored

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Am I the only one here that doesn't like the vertical (trapezoidal?) bars in the grille? They remind me of the Ranger grille (Shudder!) after Ford cluttered up was had been a clean design in earlier models.

I'm hoping the car in the track spy photo didn't have a grille installed, and the bars were the edges of the a/c condenser or part of the mounting hardware for it.

GTsquid

Am I the only one here that doesn't like the vertical (trapezoidal?) bars in the grille? They remind me of the Ranger grille (Shudder!) after Ford cluttered up was had been a clean design in earlier models.

I'm hoping the car in the track spy photo didn't have a grille installed, and the bars were the edges of the a/c condenser or part of the mounting hardware for it.
The grille is my favorite part of those track spy photos. I'd say you're probably in the minority judging by most of the reactions we've seen about the bars in the grille, but depending on what trim it could still come with the honeycomb that chaz rendered first.

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score

Wrong, they're real.

Sponsored

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Wrong, they're real.
Then I'll refuse to let that dampen my enthusiasm for the '15. After all, aftermarket grille kits should be be plentiful, once the car has been on the market for a few months. ;)

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
Image for today is a better version of the one I did last night, minus the background. It's dead sexy. It sports the grille (but not the hood vents) of the supposed "GT500" version. Enjoy. I did.
Fabulous! :clap2:
The hips are much more visible now, and even though the Camaro guys will say it is a rip off of their car - it looks great.

I can't wait to see it in person! The wife has already been made aware of our next car. :D

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
The grille is my favorite part of those track spy photos. I'd say you're probably in the minority judging by most of the reactions we've seen about the bars in the grille, but depending on what trim it could still come with the honeycomb that chaz rendered first.
I like the vertical-bar treatment in the opening below the grille better than the honeycomb, but that's just me. I realize my tastes in design are not always in step with the majority. I can deal with it. Really, I can... :headbonk:

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
The hips are much more visible now, and even though the Camaro guys will say it is a rip off of their car - it looks great.
I really don't see any Camaro in the renders, but regardless, one thing:

- The Mustang had hips first... in 1965. Chevy copied Ford.

And this is far less Camaro:

And A LOT more this:

Sponsored

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Getting excited for the future of the Mustang. Even though my buying time frame isn't until 19-20, makes me hopeful for a GT500 variant around that time.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Wrong, they're real.
Excellent news!

Hey chazcron you are a freakin machine with these renders. You definitely deserve a break but if you choose to do another view I would love to see a side view of this GT350/500 version. The blue side view you did looked great even for a base model.... I'm thinking this GT500's side would be just perfect :headbang:

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Well, the only thing different is that grille, which isn't really visible from the side view. That's the only difference.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Well, the only thing different is that grille, which isn't really visible from the side view. That's the only difference.
Really? It looks more muscular - bigger hips, more substantial hood bulge, and maybe slightly lower? :shrug:

Could be the angle or just my untrained eyes tho.

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
Really? It looks more muscular - bigger hips, more substantial hood bulge, and maybe slightly lower? :shrug:

Could be the angle or just my untrained eyes tho.
I think with this render the hips bulge out to the sides more as oppose to being vertical. This makes them look nonexistent in that side profile view and more visible in the 3/4 view. :( That's my one fear with the 2015, that it loses it's "hips." Especially from the side view.
Sponsored