OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Seeing it in the round will probably take care of that. Pro photos will highlight the hips in a way I was not able to.
Sponsored

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
Seeing it in the round will probably take care of that. Pro photos will highlight the hips in a way I was not able to.
I'm just wondering if they'll actually be there. If they're somewhat prominent, they should be visible no matter the lighting when viewing from the side. Part of the body line. Awesome work, BTW, Chazcron!

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I sure do hope the new Mustang have this fast back design. :ford:
hollywood-hot-rods-mustang.jpg

BenH

Would buy this in a heartbeat! This is just what Im looking for... hoping they were based on some inside info too.

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I've come to like the vertical bars in the grille... I wasn't convinced at first, but seeing renders/spyphotos without the bars made me realize that the grille is seemingly too wide... the vertical bars breaks this space up a bit and makes it more aggressive in my opinion.

Now, I hope Ford does what most other retailers does over here and separates "trims" from "engines"... (i.e. you can get a BMW with M-styling without the complete sports package and giant engine) I want a good looking car but I'm not even convinced they will sell GT/5.0/350s over here due to the incredibly silly taxes we have.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
I've come to like the vertical bars in the grille... I wasn't convinced at first, but seeing renders/spyphotos without the bars made me realize that the grille is seemingly too wide... the vertical bars breaks this space up a bit and makes it more aggressive in my opinion.

Now, I hope Ford does what most other retailers does over here and separates "trims" from "engines"... (i.e. you can get a BMW with M-styling without the complete sports package and giant engine) I want a good looking car but I'm not even convinced they will sell GT/5.0/350s over here due to the incredibly silly taxes we have.
Again, I realize my view is the minority opinion here, but the Mustang has managed to muddle along for 49 years without vertical bars in the grille. In previous years, Ford designers broke up the space with lights in the grille. At least the lights had some functionality. The vertical bars seem to me to be a styling element which is not in harmony with the car's other design cues. They recall the later model Ranger and F150 rather than evoke the great Mustangs of the past. They seem alien to me on what will be the 50th anniversary of the Mustang.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Count me along with the bar-less. A sawzall will easily fix that though.

crazyfastfreddy

Again, I realize my view is the minority opinion here, but the Mustang has managed to muddle along for 49 years without vertical bars in the grille. In previous years, Ford designers broke up the space with lights in the grille. At least the lights had some functionality. The vertical bars seem to me to be a styling element which is not in harmony with the car's other design cues. They recall the later model Ranger and F150 rather than evoke the great Mustangs of the past. They seem alien to me on what will be the 50th anniversary of the Mustang.
i think other members have pointed it out but it seems just like a evolution of the gt500's hollowed out grill and it's got the "bars" running thru the top and bottom.

2015mustang10.jpg

shelvy 2013.jpg

Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Essentially my opinion as well. The base grille as we believe it to be makes the entire nose look way too large. The vertical bars break up the space and have a slight slimming effect which makes that giant grille work better for me. I can't stand the base grille but I like the bars.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
i think other members have pointed it out but it seems just like a evolution of the gt500's hollowed out grill and it's got the "bars" running thru the top and bottom.
The grills were one of the first things I changed on our 2013 GT500.

MARZ

Threads
Reaction score
The grills were one of the first things I changed on our 2013 GT500.
Did you add pre-2013 grilles to your 2013 GT500? I ask because I remember SVT making a big deal of Trinity's cooling needs, saying it necessitated the 2013-14 GT500's "grilles" (or lack thereof).

On topic, I'm a fan of the vertical bars in the grille. :headbang:

Kingranch

Fangs or no fangs this looks to be the largest grille on a Mustang. I like it, very aggressive and will distinguish it from some similarly shaped Ford grilles.
Sponsored