corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Personally, I'd drive the car and put some miles on it before I started changing everything. See how it feels to you and then start with the most important things you think it needs.
This ^^^

Norm
Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I had a 14 TrakPak base Mustang

I did put a red Katzkin interior in it
Both of these things in your post looked absolutely stellar. The 13/14s get me every time I see them.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
As for the oil and vac gauges. I thought they looked cool when I didn't have them on my 15&17EB prem's. I have it on my 19GT PP1, and I think I've glanced over at it maybe two or three times while driving (since december).

And now wife is complaining that the car gets so stuffy too fast. The automatic climate control sometimes switches from foot vents to dash, when it gets stuffy, but the PP1 is missing the middle one of the central vents. I didn't think that mattered, but perhaps it does make a difference that the central vent is missing on the PP1. While the outer two vents are different sizes from the central round ones, and while the calc if air flow isn't just simple as counting # of registers (as length and diameter of flow and # and type of turns in chute adds to the equation), if you ignore all of that, deleting the central vent is losing 1/5 of dash vents, and 20% reduction does sound like a big change, and I am sure ford did not make changes to fan speed to compensate for the reduced number of vents in the pp1's and above.
Owning a PP1 car, i never noticed that the non performance pack cars come with 3 vents until now. That being said, I never have any issues with cooling/heating.

In regards to the thread, i bought my Mustang with the performance pack knowing that i had no plans to modify it much from stock. I'm more than happy with the way it is, so i made sure to option it the way i wanted for this reason.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
In regards to the thread, i bought my Mustang with the performance pack knowing that i had no plans to modify it much from stock. I'm more than happy with the way it is, so i made sure to option it the way i wanted for this reason.
Yup, choose it because it fits where you see you might take (or not take) your car. The way any of the PP options should be chosen :thumbsup:

Norm

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
It looked worthwhile to me because, if I take my Mustang to an autocross or track event, I want to do so with as few mods as possible. So, I wanted the PP1 brakes and wouldn't settle for a GT with anything less.

If I have to change something for the track, I expect to use brake pads with different materials, and not need bigger rotors or calipers.

Sponsored

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello.

I purchased my first Ford Mustang about a week ago, a 2021 Ford Mustang GT. It's got the 10-Speed Automatic, the 301A Package with the Drive Modes, and the Black Appearance Package. It does not have Active Exhaust or Magnaride Suspension.

What I'm wondering is if it would've been better to wait and try to get one with the Performance package. I'm planning on adding my own aftermarket modifications over time, but I wanted to know if it would have been better to get the Performance Package.

This being my first actual Muscle Car and my first time looking to modify a vehicle(Later on, of course.), I want to learn as much as possible to build a reliable list of modifications I want to make to the car.
The Torsen differential is best for people tracking the car. The trac lok diff is better for drag racing than the Torsen. Depends on what the car will be used for. Most guys just honk three times and hit the accelerator on the highway so Torsen does nothing for you.
If you plan on doing the brakes yourself post sale, remember that you need to buy the pp brake booster as well to get the real benefits and that install isn't the easiest.

Heres what I would recommend: Get the car supercharged by Ford instead. I think it would cost maybe $10,000 more and it would be warrantied. $10,000 seems like a large number, but it's only $4000 more than the pp. I say save the 6k and spend it towards the supercharger. You don't want a 3.73 rear when you're supercharged anyway. You're gonna be blowing money on cold air intakes and trying to make it faster worrying about your stupid warranty, when that money could have already had you at 700 hp. And as far as the future of your mods, all you'd have to do is install larger injectors and a smaller pulley to get more power. To hell with the pp and the other small mods. $10,000 seems like a lot, but how much more is it than what you are going to spend on the car anyway to make it faster but slower than if you were supercharged (with a warranty)?

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Heres what I would recommend: Get the car supercharged by Ford instead. I think it would cost maybe $10,000 more and it would be warrantied.
And without the PP1 breaks how you are going to stop this 700 hp ? This is the worst advice I ever seen on this forum. The PP1 suspension is not even capable of putting 400 hp to the ground how it' s going to put 700 HP without the PP1 suspension ? Talking about a waste of money here ...

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
And without the PP1 breaks how you are going to stop this 700 hp ? This is the worst advice I ever seen on this forum. The PP1 suspension is not even capable of putting 400 hp to the ground how it' s going to put 700 HP without the PP1 suspension ? Talking about a waste of money here ...
Not sure if the Mustangs are detuned going East, but chassis dyno's here in the US have proven time and time again that the 18+ 460hp Gen 3 has put solid numbers of 415/425hp to the rear wheels. I don't think my stock 19GT PP1/A10 could have run 11.90's @ 116 in the quarter with less than 400 RWHP. With the FPP M-9603-M8A installed I'm expecting at least a couple of tenths better...IMHO

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
SUPERCHARGER WITHOUT BREMBO BRAKES OH MY GOD!!!! AND HOW WILL THE CAR EVEN TURN WITHOUT THAT OFFICIAL FORD PERFORMANCE STRUT TOWER BRACE!!
If only we could ALL give such great advice as running the performance pack 3.73 gears with a supercharger. It's a brilliant idea!! You should do it!! GREAT TRACTION WITH THOSE GEARS!

Usually, stopping a vehicle is easier when you take your foot off the gas pedal and don't force the brakes to work against 700 horsepower. My 750 hp mustang stops just fine without the Brembos. And if the brakes need help, that's what the clutch is for anyway. Automatic much?

Perhaps you're scared of the power that a supercharger allows a car to have, it just is so risky to you. Maybe he can use a supercharger and you can race him with your shiny Brembo brakes. You'll beat him on the 60-0 pull for sure.

You may be unaware that there are aftermarket suspension options even from ford. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to get them. Sad thing is you would have to know what a wrench is I guess. And if he felt so inclined, those brakes are for sale as well. But yet again..... the wrench.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You may be unaware that there are aftermarket suspension options even from ford. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to get them. Sad thing is you would have to know what a wrench is I guess. And if he felt so inclined, those brakes are for sale as well. But yet again..... the wrench.
Yeah labor cost in my country is like 30-40$ per hour no need to know what a wrench is you know :). I'm familiar with the aftermarket but your post was don't spend money on PP1 spend it on supercharger. There was nothing in your post about add after market suspension or after market breaks was it ?.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if the Mustangs are detuned going East, but chassis dyno's here in the US have proven time and time again that the 18+ 460hp Gen 3 has put solid numbers of 415/425hp to the rear wheels. I don't think my stock 19GT PP1/A10 could have run 11.90's @ 116 in the quarter with less than 400 RWHP. With the FPP M-9603-M8A installed I'm expecting at least a couple of tenths better...IMHO
We have GPF in Europe so like 20/30 HP less than the american Gen 3's we also don't have Torsen or 3.73 gears. Our cars come equipped with half PP1 package: Breaks and suspension but no Torsen, no 3.73 gears, no pressure gauges, no strut tower brace. My car got on the dyno and have 320WHP/395hp 480 nm torque. I agree with adding after market suspension and parts but the post was about not spending the money for PP1 and buying a supercharger instead.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
We have GPF in Europe so like 20/30 HP less than the american Gen 3's we also don't have Torsen or 3.73 gears. Our cars come equipped with half PP1 package: Breaks and suspension but no Torsen, no 3.73 gears, no pressure gauges, no strut tower brace. My car got on the dyno and have 320WHP/395hp 480 nm torque. I agree with adding after market suspension and parts but the post was about not spending the money for PP1 and buying a supercharger instead.

Sorry to hear they have taken so much fun out of the Mustang for the International Customers.
Wow!, that's a huge drop in power and torque from the US, our Gen 3's are 460hp/420lbft(570 nm).
As I said in my original post, "I'd drive the car and find out how it feels along with putting some miles and seat time before I would start changing things".

FBO5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah labor cost in my country is like 30-40$ per hour no need to know what a wrench is you know :). I'm familiar with the aftermarket but your post was don't spend money on PP1 spend it on supercharger. There was nothing in your post about add after market suspension or after market breaks was it ?.
I also didn't state that fuel needs to be in the gas tank.
The post, if you noticed, is "Is the Performance Package Worth It?" And my answer is that the $6000 is better spent towards a $10,000 supercharger installed and warrantied by Ford. The point being made is value.
And in reality, most people only want a badass street car and either rarely or never track the car. In which case, there is zero necessity for the brakes or suspension from the performance pack. If someone wants to track the car, then yes, there would be a need for modifications. And I wouldn't stop at the parts from the performance pack to track the car.
A Ford installed supercharger keeps the drivetrain warranty and lessens the decrease in value because there's proof that it wasn't done at a ragtag shop. Suspension and brakes aftermarket parts wouldn't void the drivetrain warranty, and they're really not needed for the street. My suspension is better than what the performance pack had to offer.
Spending the $6000 is not needed.

In my case, I bought a $5000 kit and installed it, so that cost less, but I don't have a warranty to figure into this.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also didn't state that fuel needs to be in the gas tank.
The post, if you noticed, is "Is the Performance Package Worth It?" And my answer is that the $6000 is better spent towards a $10,000 supercharger installed and warrantied by Ford. The point being made is value.
And in reality, most people only want a badass street car and either rarely or never track the car. In which case, there is zero necessity for the brakes or suspension from the performance pack. If someone wants to track the car, then yes, there would be a need for modifications. And I wouldn't stop at the parts from the performance pack to track the car.
A Ford installed supercharger keeps the drivetrain warranty and lessens the decrease in value because there's proof that it wasn't done at a ragtag shop. Suspension and brakes aftermarket parts wouldn't void the drivetrain warranty, and they're really not needed for the street. My suspension is better than what the performance pack had to offer.
Spending the $6000 is not needed.

In my case, I bought a $5000 kit and installed it, so that cost less, but I don't have a warranty to figure into this.

Did you installed an after market radiator ? How you are dealing with the heat from the Super Charger ? I don't mind your approach but for me a Supercharger project done right is way more than 10 000$ more like a 20 000$ project. That's why I didn't liked your comment. Also with the current PP1 price is clear that it's not worth it and I'm not stating that it does. I'm just not happy with just stuck a supercharger approach without supporting mods.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Oh brilliant, supercharge a car with stock suspension & brakes . Great info the way to be a first class poser @ the car show....

Yes the performance package is totally worth the price and gives the owner a platform to build on.
Sponsored