Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
I installed the Kooks 3" polished system. On the Highway at 2K it's nice and subdued. But since I have an automatic there is a hitch. The Kooks system is beautifully built and finished but it will drone if you are lugging the engine. By Lugging I mean running at 35mph in 5th or 6th gear. The RPMs are really low at that speed. Now guess what the normal mode wants to do with the auto trans.

If you guessed lug along around town you'd be correct. If I run Sport+ mode no lugging, no drone. Also no good MPG.

I think I will try the Euro trick of moving the exhaust tips out farther to see if that makes any difference...

From Vinnay:"that's a bad RPM range to be in, anyway, and most any exhaust is going to drone if you insist on not being in the correct gear and RPM range." I wish I had known this going in, but it means with the normal mode and auto, drone is going to happen when you change the exhaust.
You wouldn't happen to have a video would you? I've been thinking about the Kooks Catback system for a long time. Haven't found to many videos of just the catback.

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
^^ Put this system on my 17 before I picked the car up from the dealer , not sure how you could improve , no drone at any speed , nice deep rumble that opens up pretty good when you put your foot in it , love mine so far :thumbsup:
Love my ARH, too. Doesn't have the pub of some others, prob because it's a little quieter, but the tone is perfect. Actually liked mine better after removing the sound tube. Slightly less noise but all rear muffler goodness.

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I had mbrp race and switch to corsa extreme. Should of went corsa from the start.

Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I finally installed my ARH catback tonight. Fits nice and the quality is exceptional. It has a nice deep tone and no drone on the highway but honestly, I thought it would be louder. I guess I'll wait for it to "season" with age and maybe it will open up a little more.

The Borla S Type would have probably been the perfect volume for me.

ia bhtr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby Red GT, 3:55 auto , ARH ,JLT,Ridetech, 6GR
I finally installed my ARH catback tonight. Fits nice and the quality is exceptional. It has a nice deep tone and no drone on the highway but honestly, I thought it would be louder. I guess I'll wait for it to "season" with age and maybe it will open up a little more.

The Borla S Type would have probably been the perfect volume for me.
That actually was about what my thoughts were , altho I will say mine has enough volume for me , talking to friends that , I maybe passed with a... little ....to much throttle ......... they assure me from behind the car - it is plenty loud :)

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That actually was about what my thoughts were , altho I will say mine has enough volume for me , talking to friends that , I maybe passed with a... little ....to much throttle ......... they assure me from behind the car - it is plenty loud :)
lol Yeah, I guess it's a lot louder outside the car. I'll have my wife drive it around the block and see what it really sounds like. I heard you can lay the rear seats down and it will rattle your cage from the drivers seat.

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
*update*

I just installed the corsa sport axle back exhaust system and all I have to say is WOW! Sounds louder than my Legato at WOT and it's whisper quiet at idle and cruise. I deliberately tried to make this thing drone in the low rpms andeven lugging it around and it was still very quiet. All in all I'm very happy with this exhaust. If anyone ones on the fence about which exhaust to get I'd say Corsa all the way. I'll take this as a lesson learned..you get what you pay for.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
*update*

I just installed the corsa sport axle back exhaust system and all I have to say is WOW! Sounds louder than my Legato at WOT and it's whisper quiet at idle and cruise. I deliberately tried to make this thing drone in the low rpms andeven lugging it around and it was still very quiet. All in all I'm very happy with this exhaust. If anyone ones on the fence about which exhaust to get I'd say Corsa all the way. I'll take this as a lesson learned..you get what you pay for.
I agree with this 100%. Just installed the same one last week myself. Do you have the resonator or an X/H pipe? I have the stock resonator and absolutely love the sound.

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
I agree with this 100%. Just installed the same one last week myself. Do you have the resonator or an X/H pipe? I have the stock resonator and absolutely love the sound.
I'm running an xpipe. I'm thinking of changing to an hpipe for a deeper exhaust tone

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running an xpipe. I'm thinking of changing to an hpipe for a deeper exhaust tone
I tried it with the X, too before putting the resonator back on. It sounds incredible, and like you said, no drone. I swapped because it was just too loud for me :cool:

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Congrats guys, now enjoy your rides:cheers:
Sponsored