Sponsored

Changing exhausts

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
60 in 6th is drone madness with 3.31 and x pipe. Keep the resonator or get one. Although I do wonder if I have defective mufflers, since I got the axle backs due to others saying no drone with x pipe. I just don't want others being mislead. 1500-1900 is drone wall of sound. If you don't drive in that rpm at cruise its just loud booms. I would ask for my money back but the muffler shop had to modify the hangers and reweld them. Also it sounds good after mag res x
Sponsored

ia bhtr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby Red GT, 3:55 auto , ARH ,JLT,Ridetech, 6GR
ARH catback

^^ Put this system on my 17 before I picked the car up from the dealer , not sure how you could improve , no drone at any speed , nice deep rumble that opens up pretty good when you put your foot in it , love mine so far :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
*Update*

I went ahead and dropped more money on a Corsa sport axle back exhaust...which I should've done from the beginning:headbonk: hopefully this exhaust gets rid of that annoying drone.

On a sidenote I ordered the exhaust from beefcake and they were super helpful. They gave me the exhaust for extremely cheap and shipped the part overnight to me from the local warehouse here in cali. Couldnt be happier. Because of that I decided to buy an aluminum ds, which they also greatly discounted :headbang:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
*Update*

I went ahead and dropped more money on a Corsa sport axle back exhaust...which I should've done from the beginning:headbonk: hopefully this exhaust gets rid of that annoying drone.

On a sidenote I ordered the exhaust from beefcake and they were super helpful. They gave me the exhaust for extremely cheap and shipped the part overnight to me from the local warehouse here in cali. Couldnt be happier. Because of that I decided to buy an aluminum ds, which they also greatly discounted :headbang:
Get ready for the noise (but zero drone)! I am picking one up today too. I'll trying it with the X pipe first but am nearly certain a resonator will go back in to tame it down.

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If you're having drone issues, but still like a deeper sound, I cannot recommend Solo enough. I've had the Mach XV and Mach Thunder catbacks, and both are amazing. I'm going to give my Mach XV one more try to see if the rattle is gone in it, and if not, I'll either buy another midsection for it, or just stick with the Mach Thunder. The thunder is loud, has an amazing tone, and there is not a hint of drone at any RPM. I regularly cruise in the dreaded 1500-2000 rpm range, and have never experienced anything remotely close to drone. With the Mach XV, you could barely hear it at that RPM. With the thunder, it is audible, but there is zero reverberation in the cabin. People love corsa, and I know they make a great exhaust, but it is too high pitched for my liking.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Generally speaking are people doing Axel Backs with a X/H Pipe insteard of just CAT Backs because of price? Like getting Roush ABs with H-Pipe is ~ $800 bucks vs CORSA Cat Backs being $1400 bucks.

Exhaust is hard. :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people also don't know what kind of sound they want until they hear it for real. Videos don't capture the SPL of many of the frequencies and can give you a distorted view of what it sounds like. This most commonly occurs in the 80-150 Hz range (deep tones), as well as in the higher frequencies. Mid range is the best you're going to get from most videos.

One thing I'll say is that this is an area you shouldn't skimp on. If you want high quality sound, you're going to have to pay for it. Anything less is going to have significant compromise. People balk (I did too) at the prices of the Corsa and Borla/FRPP catbacks, but they're expensive for a reason.

OP
OP

Randy954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Pp
Get ready for the noise (but zero drone)! I am picking one up today too. I'll trying it with the X pipe first but am nearly certain a resonator will go back in to tame it down.
I dont mind it being loud i just dont want any drone. I shouldve just spent the extra money the first time. Def wont cheap out on exhaust again lol.

Last edited:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
*Update*

Not trying to hi-jack your thread OP but every time I have dealt w/Terry he has been terrific. Guy will text/inbox/e-mail whatever it takes to complete the deal! Always gives you the best deal, already told him I will be purchasing my 350 IM from him in a couple of months.

Good to see you resolve your exhaust issue :headbang:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OMG CORSA...

Sport with the X-pipe (basically Xtreme) sounds unbelievable. The first start I thought something was wrong because it was so quiet. Once you open it up, though, it screams like nothing else. It's louder than a GT350 in sport mode for sure, probably close to the R volume, but screams like it. The throttle pedal truly is a volume knob. Unfortunately, it's a little too loud for me, so I will be putting the resonator on. I'm glad I tried it though, and I totally get why people love the Xtreme.

Oh, yeah, and not even a hint of drone. Stock quiet in 6th gear cruising.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
A lot of people also don't know what kind of sound they want until they hear it for real. Videos don't capture the SPL of many of the frequencies and can give you a distorted view of what it sounds like. This most commonly occurs in the 80-150 Hz range (deep tones), as well as in the higher frequencies. Mid range is the best you're going to get from most videos.

One thing I'll say is that this is an area you shouldn't skimp on. If you want high quality sound, you're going to have to pay for it. Anything less is going to have significant compromise. People balk (I did too) at the prices of the Corsa and Borla/FRPP catbacks, but they're expensive for a reason.
not only that exhaust sound is sooo subjective. whats loud and obnoxious to me might be someones dream exhaust. i did an stype, its the only exhaust i bought and will ever buy! i see lots of guys going through numerous exhausts to find what they like

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
not only that exhaust sound is sooo subjective. whats loud and obnoxious to me might be someones dream exhaust. i did an stype, its the only exhaust i bought and will ever buy! i see lots of guys going through numerous exhausts to find what they like
The S-type is certainly a great exhaust and I like it very much. This Corsa setup I have now is perfect for me.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I've got the frpp borla touring catback with x pipe. I'm thinking about swapping to the roush axel back

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the frpp borla touring catback with x pipe. I'm thinking about swapping to the roush axel back
Loudest combo out there with stock headers.
Sponsored