Challenger to Mustang Convert

BenInAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hi guys, just joined the site and wanted to tell you guys how much I absolutely fell in love with my brand new, brought home today, 2016 GT PP. I've always been a Mopar fan and would never have considered the Mustang until my wife of two months (and a former Mustang owner) convinced me to take an extended test drive last week.

So today I traded in my beloved 2013 Plum Crazy Challenger RT Classic for a 2016 Guard Mustang GT with the PP. I couldn't believe the difference in performance between the two. My Challenger had the Super Track Pack option, along with several bolt-on's that weren't cheap (JBL shorties, high flow cats, American Thunder cat-back, Airaid intake, custom Diablo tune, Petty's strut tower brace and Mopar lowering springs). Even with all those goods, the stock Mustang just blows it away in terms of handling, acceleration and fun factor.

I put the first 60 miles on her tonight after work taking a twisty back road to Tombstone just to stretch her legs a bit. Love it and am now a proud Mustang convert! Now to figure out how to break the news to my dad, a Mopar guy from the old days....
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Welcome but

d7f5c07e2179064604130163ac43c131.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

BenInAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ha, I know....picked it up on my lunch break...straight from work to the gym, gym to not wanting to stop driving....Tombstone....home after dark. I'll take and post pics tomorrow.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Some Mopar fans would say your "Plum Crazy" for trading it for a Ford :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

BenInAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My dad owned a 1970 RoadRunner and up until a few years ago a pretty nice '69 Charger driver. He's not going to like the news. I loved the Plum, but Dodge didn't keep the color limited like they should have and I tend to like driving more than just waxing, cruising and going to car shows.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Some Mopar fans would say your "Plum Crazy" for trading it for a Ford :)
I am really surprised this didn't come from Rough Hollow Man. :p:p:D

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
'16 Guard GT with/PP
1082117804.jpeg

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Congrats on seeing the light! Now have some real fun.

Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Hi guys, just joined the site and wanted to tell you guys how much I absolutely fell in love with my brand new, brought home today, 2016 GT PP. I've always been a Mopar fan and would never have considered the Mustang until my wife of two months (and a former Mustang owner) convinced me to take an extended test drive last week.

So today I traded in my beloved 2013 Plum Crazy Challenger RT Classic for a 2016 Guard Mustang GT with the PP. I couldn't believe the difference in performance between the two. My Challenger had the Super Track Pack option, along with several bolt-on's that weren't cheap (JBL shorties, high flow cats, American Thunder cat-back, Airaid intake, custom Diablo tune, Petty's strut tower brace and Mopar lowering springs). Even with all those goods, the stock Mustang just blows it away in terms of handling, acceleration and fun factor.

I put the first 60 miles on her tonight after work taking a twisty back road to Tombstone just to stretch her legs a bit. Love it and am now a proud Mustang convert! Now to figure out how to break the news to my dad, a Mopar guy from the old days....
Ha! I know that road. Congrats on the move. The new 15 and 16 Challengers are better cars than previous years, but still can't hold a candle to the new Mustang.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
I am really surprised this didn't come from Rough Hollow Man. :p:p:D
Hahaha, exactly my thoughts ! Lol
When I read the comment, I looked at who posted it, being sure he did, and Oh, surprise, wasn't him lol

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
A more true comparison would have been the challenger SRT to the Mustang GT, in terms of being blown away by how the mustang GT is compared to the challenger

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Wow recognition indeed!

Hahaha, exactly my thoughts ! Lol
When I read the comment, I looked at who posted it, being sure he did, and Oh, surprise, wasn't him lol
So I leave this Forum for a couple hours and everyone starts looking for me?:headbang: And yes that "Plum Crazy" comment is just trite enough to have been uttered by me.:headbonk: And as to the color PURPLE, as I've said before, Ford is missing a bet by not using that regal hue. I'd be the first in line to buy such a noble looking Purple Pony.:hail: And one more thing Dudes & Dudettes... you give me high praise indeed when referring to me as ...The Cyclone King.:lol::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers:

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Now back to the topic...welcome BenInAZ to your new Mustang Obsession. Sounds like you made a wise " conversion". If your Dad drives your Mustang, I'm sure he too will admit what a fine automobile you have now. And tell him the Guard color would have been the late Steve McQueen's choice for this new Mustang also. Enjoy!
Sponsored