Cervinis Hoods

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
So just looking at Cervinis GT500 style hood because i figure with the added heat from going boost i need some more heat extraction. So i have always heard, any time you go with a CF or Fiberglass hood, you NEED to have hood pins.

However, on their page for the hood they say; "Cervini’s GT500 Style Heat Extractor Hood attaches to the factory hinges and latch with NO need for hood pins".

Would you trust this?
Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I've been running that hood for 3 years now without hood pins and no issues. It uses the factory connections without issue and I've never see any signs of wobbling or being unstable in my time with it. The hood is a bit heavier than the stock unit is.

I'd also like to add that while I'm overall satisfied with my purchase, it was the only GT500 style hood on the market at that point, since then several other companies have released aluminum versions that *I* feel line up with the body lines better. I've also got their upper and lower grill kit.

Cervini's customer support kinda sucks, so I can't say that I really recommend them as a company and had I known that other brands were releasing their hoods shortly after I got mine, I would have waited and purchased on of theirs instead. I had small issues with both purchases and after talking with their support both times, I gave up and went to the hardware store to get what I needed which was a pain since I had to figure out the sizes of everything.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I've been running that hood for 3 years now without hood pins and no issues. It uses the factory connections without issue and I've never see any signs of wobbling or being unstable in my time with it. The hood is a bit heavier than the stock unit is.

I'd also like to add that while I'm overall satisfied with my purchase, it was the only GT500 style hood on the market at that point, since then several other companies have released aluminum versions that *I* feel line up with the body lines better. I've also got their upper and lower grill kit.

Cervini's customer support kinda sucks, so I can't say that I really recommend them as a company and had I known that other brands were releasing their hoods shortly after I got mine, I would have waited and purchased on of theirs instead. I had small issues with both purchases and after talking with their support both times, I gave up and went to the hardware store to get what I needed which was a pain since I had to figure out the sizes of everything.
Which other companies do you suggest? Looking around it seemed like they were the only ones that had a full size cutout on the underside and a drip tray.

So this hood isnt all fiberglass then? Just the louvers?

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Here are two others I've read a bit about and the people who have purchased them seem to be happy with them. I can't comment to much on them as I've not seen them in person or used one. I've never used the drip tray for mine since it's a fair weather car. It's all fiberglass as far as I'm aware, but it weighs in around 65ish lbs if I remember correctly. I know that I had trouble getting it set on by myself, but the stock hood was much lighter and easier to maneuver.

Also last thing to consider, I did pay them to paint my hood since I got some crazy quotes from other shops locally. They did an okay job on that, but If I could go back, I would have saved the extra money I paid them and put it towards a better quality job from a local shop. They only painted the top and the job was pretty eh.

18-23 GT-500 Style Aluminum Conversion Hood | i-5autohaus

IKON MOTORSPORTS, Hood Compatible with 2018-2023 Ford Mustang, GT500 Style Aluminum Front Hood Black – Ikon Motorsports

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
ya i was curious how their painting was as well since i also got some high quotes. like 700-1500 based on how much prep it needed.

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Yea, the quotes I received were in a similar range, I wish I had put the money towards one of those options. The match was decent, but the quality was only okay, you def get what you pay for there.

Also, they Cervini's louver does not come painted, or at least it didn't, so I paid a shop spray it in matte black.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have the Vicrez GT500 hood, it’s aluminum and I’m very happy with it. They have a spot in the hood for hood pins and come with fake ones to fill the void. I replaced them with real hood pins and they DO NOT lineup correctly, so they don’t do anything.
IMG_1063.jpeg
IMG_1060.jpeg

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
The Cervini GT50 style hood does not require hood pins and can reuse your factory latch. You can add them if you would like but it's not needed.

With Cervini's hoods, I have never needed hood pins. Always have held tightly with the factory latch at high speeds. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/search/?q=cervinis+gt500+hood

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I purchased my hood through Lethal and had a good buying experience using them, I def recommend them if you decide to get the Cervini hood.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have the Vicrez GT500 hood, it’s aluminum and I’m very happy with it. They have a spot in the hood for hood pins and come with fake ones to fill the void. I replaced them with real hood pins and they DO NOT lineup correctly, so they don’t do anything.
IMG_1063.jpeg
IMG_1060.jpeg
Damn that’s weak sauce! If they are going to put cutouts for pins why not put them in the correct location so people can actually use them if they wanted???? I’m considering a gt500 style hood and can take or leave the hood pins depending on what the manufacturer recommends but I sure as heck want them to be functional if they’re present. I’m leaning towards a AC Cf hood which I believe requires pins. If I do go tge CF route I’m not going to paint it.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Damn that’s weak sauce! If they are going to put cutouts for pins why not put them in the correct location so people can actually use them if they wanted???? I’m considering a gt500 style hood and can take or leave the hood pins depending on what the manufacturer recommends but I sure as heck want them to be functional if they’re present. I’m leaning towards a AC Cf hood which I believe requires pins. If I do go tge CF route I’m not going to paint it.
Generally speaking it’s because that’s where they are on the GT500 and they wanted a real replica, but the inside of the GT isn’t the same so the pins won’t lineup… I agree, I don’t like that and it’s a great hood but I might switch to something else. Have you checked the TruFiber hoods? They have some cool stuff, I’ve been considering them for the heat extractor that isn’t a GT500 replica.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Generally speaking it’s because that’s where they are on the GT500 and they wanted a real replica, but the inside of the GT isn’t the same so the pins won’t lineup… I agree, I don’t like that and it’s a great hood but I might switch to something else. Have you checked the TruFiber hoods? They have some cool stuff, I’ve been considering them for the heat extractor that isn’t a GT500 replica.
There's also the track spec or something. You gotta cut up the stock hood a bit but they look really good. Only downside is no drip pan but if you only drive in nice weather it's good.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There's also the track spec or something. You gotta cut up the stock hood a bit but they look really good. Only downside is no drip pan but if you only drive in nice weather it's good.
Yeah I was considering their stuff cause I like the stock hood but I thought it with the stock “vents” was a bit busy looking. I don’t run the rain tray in my hood anyways cause I’m a weekend warrior. If I take my car out past midnight she turns into a pumpkin…

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
IMG_6407.jpeg

Don’t forget the 500KR style hood.
Sponsored