Ceramic Pro

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
How long before you washed your car after (Ceramic Pro Light "bronze") was install? I am driving 700 miles 6 days after the install. I find out after the job was done it takes up to 3 weeks to cure.
Lee.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
I can't believe that know has any input on this. Do none of you have Ceramic Pro on your cars?
Lee

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
People here have ceramic pro, people here are not pros on ceramic. My guess would be that they don't want you doing a heavy wash but some quick detailing wouldn't hurt.

I'd say check a detailing forum like Autopia or whatnot.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did my old 16 in c quartz and i just rinsed it off the first 2 weeks no soap at all .. shammy it dry never had a issue.. my 17 is done in ceramic pro 9h and i did the same and its fine.. after the 2 weeks i washed it with a ph balanced soap then did a reload on it ..

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. Lighting Blue pops with ceramic as you guys know. One place I read not to wash it for one week. That will be Monday the next day after my drive. I will just use water and see how that works. I hope I can get the bugs off.
Lee

Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
How long before you washed your car after (Ceramic Pro Light "bronze") was install? I am driving 700 miles 6 days after the install. I find out after the job was done it takes up to 3 weeks to cure.
Lee.
One week and you should be good. I have Kenzo, was instructed this, and it worked completely fine.

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
It depends on the situation. Washing the car with PH neutral shampoo after a week is not going to do any harm. If the car is generally dirty I would put it off a few more days. You really want to watch out for water spotting from rain or God forbid sprinklers. Water Mark's can permanently etch the coating no matter how long you have had it or how many coats you have. If you have water Mark's wash the car down immediately.

jimmybuffit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 50th Year
Also. There is alot of missing information about ceramic coatings, so I will leave a pro tip. Grab yourself a choice top coat refresh spray such as ceramic pro sport, gyeon cure. Carpro reload and apply after a detailed wash every 4th or 5th wash or every other month or so.

This will act as a sacrificial layer for the coating that will take the abuse of water or environmental etching and protect the ceramic. It will also keep the water beeding off nicely and kick up the shine a bunch.

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You are okay to wash the car after the week.

Some IMPORTANT information ( I have 5 Coats 9H + Light )

There is no need to wax or polish the vehicle.

Keep up on it with hand washes with a good neutral soap.

DO NOT let water dry on the car. The rain is fine however (atleast here in my) there are minerals and chlorine in the water and if you was the car and do not dry it the water spots will mark the coating and will be a huge PIYA. Just make sure you completely wash and FRY the car after using hose water.

I’m 6 months in and it looks like I just got a compound wax and polish detail.

Also ceramic sport works great as a Quick detailer however it is too strong for none trained people to apply. Mix it with water and rubbing alcohol to dilute it. You can use it as a quick detailed spray for any spots between washes.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, I Pressure wash with soap after 7 days as it had 600 miles of high speed bugs on it. All is well looks great. So far I love the Ceramic and the clear bra.
Lee

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
You are okay to wash the car after the week.

Some IMPORTANT information ( I have 5 Coats 9H + Light )

There is no need to wax or polish the vehicle.

Keep up on it with hand washes with a good neutral soap.

DO NOT let water dry on the car. The rain is fine however (atleast here in my) there are minerals and chlorine in the water and if you was the car and do not dry it the water spots will mark the coating and will be a huge PIYA. Just make sure you completely wash and FRY the car after using hose water.

I’m 6 months in and it looks like I just got a compound wax and polish detail.

Also ceramic sport works great as a Quick detailer however it is too strong for none trained people to apply. Mix it with water and rubbing alcohol to dilute it. You can use it as a quick detailed spray for any spots between washes.
How often do you wash your car?

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
How often do you wash your car?
With ceramic, once a week at most. You can easily go 2-3 weeks though. My car is black and even after 90+ miles it looks like it just washed it.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I'm probably going to have this done fairly soon my brother had it done on his Mustang and he loves it. It's just so expensive. Thanks for the info though!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Like all the “old waxes” we had a detail spray for car shows!!! Here’s what to use for that. Extra POP !! A 50/50mix of Reload and ECH2O....spray and MF wipe, You’ll love It!!

Also...look into Essence Plus....a coating on top of the ceramic used to fill in slight swirls and scratches!! Usually after a year of the Ceramic install!! I’m ready for that process now!!

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
Like all the “old waxes” we had a detail spray for car shows!!! Here’s what to use for that. Extra POP !! A 50/50mix of Reload and ECH2O....spray and MF wipe, You’ll love It!!

Also...look into Essence Plus....a coating on top of the ceramic used to fill in slight swirls and scratches!! Usually after a year of the Ceramic install!! I’m ready for that process now!!
When you say 50/50 mix, do you still dilute with distilled water or are you talking a straight mix. Thanks
Sponsored