Sponsored

CB010 with / without spacers

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
My search came up dry...

So I’m wanting to either the BMR cradle lock outs or the Steeda subframe alignments.
Has anyone used either of these and then afterwords put in the spacers? Trying to find out if both are actually needed or if one or the other is the better option.

Spacers needed or not?

whats everyone’s take on these? Both from great companies.
Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
These kits are almost identical.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-subframe-alignment-and-support-kit.html

http://m.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1727

these are the spacers.

http://m.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1989

I’m sure these kits fit in the exact same spot and are intended to do the same thing. If they are indeed different, let me know what does what. Thanks!
Or get the BMR CB005 which positively locates the subframe and locks out the cradle movement.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Convertible so the 005 doesn’t work. The 010 is the same as the 005 except it doesn’t have the metal brackets. All of the hardware is the same though. The sleeves are also an add on for the 005.
But as asked, do the 010 and the Steeda equivalent “need” the sleeves / spacers? Do they make them more effective or is the difference negligible?

thanks

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Convertible so the 005 doesn’t work. The 010 is the same as the 005 except it doesn’t have the metal brackets. All of the hardware is the same though. The sleeves are also an add on for the 005.
But as asked, do the 010 and the Steeda equivalent “need” the sleeves / spacers? Do they make them more effective or is the difference negligible?

thanks
Ah gotcha. The sleeves don't do anything really for performance, they just ensure centering of the subframe and it allows you (if needed) to take it up and down after an alignment without shifting it accidentally.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Gotcha!

perfect. Thank you. Didn’t know if they are a crucial part and made a difference or not.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If you choose to use the BMR alignment dowels, be prepared with some grease to make the install easier. They are a tight fit and, for me, required using the supplied bolt to pull them up into the subframe void.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks. Do you think they made a difference overall?

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks. Do you think they made a difference overall?
At best they helped the cradle align and/or stay aligned during my install. For performance, not that I would be able to tell. Useful for any future point where I would drop the subframe, like the CB762 kit for example. It’s a nice to have at most.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I combined the BMR CB010 with Steeda's 555-4438 kit and have no complaints. I went with the CB010 when I was thinking I'd be adding the CB762, but I'm not so sure I need the additional support so it's down at the end of the to-do list now.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Nice. That’s good. I’m assuming the steeda bushings / sleeves are the same as the new BMR ones.
So did you notice the difference right away? Any drawbacks to them?

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Unfortunately, it's hard to say for sure since they were installed at the same time as my springs, shocks, struts and front control arms. I will say that, even with all the other mods, I don't feel that my rear subframe is in need of additional support.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Thanks!

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I did the CB010 first on my vert then went back and added the alignment kit, scb766. Much easier to do them both at the same time. I did the alignment kit to keep the rear subframe from walking on me and to have it centered to the body granted if the body is square. Some say it won’t walk on you, but when you look at the construction of it all I wasn’t and still not sure it wouldn’t with the cb010 kit. And your right you can’t use the cb005 on the vert. It already has the large bracket that does the same thing.

As far as the vert goes, my primary reason with the cb010 was to eliminate some of the rear shack you could feel in the seat primarily when the top is up. It did help reduce that and it made the rear feel more solid but it also took out some of the play in the bushings that was designed into it which can be good or bad or indifferent.

As far as BMR or Steeda, I think it’s just preference.

I’m perfectly content with the kit and no desire to do anything more to it.
Sponsored

Last edited: