Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
These are Steeda suspension parts that will give you what you're looking for and are reasonably priced.

IMG_0107 2.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

DSC_0231.JPG

IMG_0164.jpeg
MIght be even better priced around Memorial Day :)
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
"what specifically do you want to improve?"...first off,thanks for your input.i'd like to go beyond the "basic handeling",better dampening,more body/sway control,solid deployment of the IRS under power...a good handeling street car that's a pleasure to drive in a safe,but spirited manner,again,thanks for your help!
All set ups are a compromise when the car is used for multiple purposes ie DD/grocery getter/back roads. When you're deciding on what and how much to do remember that you'll probably be DDing and grocery getting a lot more than anything so the car should be built to fulfil that purpose ie ride and not being lowered is a key consideration.

IMHO conservative is good, on uneven tarmac and a range of road conditions you want good suspension compliance, and unless it's a no compromise lightweight tarmac rally car with adjustable two way damping at $10k per corner, that usually means erring on the side of softer springs so the suspension rides bumps rather than bouncing off them (common mistake) therefore increasing rather than decreasing grip.

Small and well considered relatively inexpensive changes can make a big difference to a DD.

Sponsored

OP
OP
geezer stang

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
All set ups are a compromise when the car is used for multiple purposes ie DD/grocery getter/back roads. When you're deciding on what and how much to do remember that you'll probably be DDing and grocery getting a lot more than anything so the car should be built to fulfil that purpose ie ride and not being lowered is a key consideration.

IMHO conservative is good, on uneven tarmac and a range of road conditions you want good suspension compliance, and unless it's a no compromise lightweight tarmac rally car with adjustable two way damping at $10k per corner, that usually means erring on the side of softer springs so the suspension rides bumps rather than bouncing off them (common mistake) therefore increasing rather than decreasing grip.

Small and well considered relatively inexpensive changes can make a big difference to a DD.
thanks so much for your input!

OP
OP
geezer stang

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Let me know if I can help assist with any Steeda-related Items. Might be a nice ride to get them installed at our Valdosta facility - can have an A - B comparison as you ride back in comfort :)

Let me know if I can help assist at tim @ steeda

TJ
great info,thank you!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
geezer stang

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
@geezer stang, which package have you decided will be the right one for you?
perhaps since i'm dealing with a "base car" ,PP-1 spec front control arm kit(m-3075-f)and rear toe kit(m-5972-m)might be a good starting point(these are ford performance parts)since i'm on the "PP-1" wheels/tires...then make a decision on shocks/sway bars.koni and bilstein have been buzz-words in the industry since forever,but i tend to lean toward "factory performance parts"so a selection from "ford performance" might be my choice(track or street?)to pair with the factory base springs.....thanks for your intrest.

CRS77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just installed ford track handling suspension with Steeda minimum drop springs and used the spacers to bring back up a bit due my tire size. Iā€™m running 285/35/20 square. My drop is only 1/4ā€. I love the ride quality and handling improvement.
A44130CC-B102-46C5-B793-381B9E0D9CA4.jpeg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the feedback!

TJ