Sponsored

Cavalli Turbo......

juammedina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS-F
52 Trim, not lb/min. The turbo makes about 30lb/min roughly.
If you guys are making 375whp on E30 it has to be way bigger than 30lb/min.

The VF39 on the STi is about 36lb/min and they max out at 330-340whp and the turbo on the EVO X is 45lb/min and the EVO 9 turbo 44lb/min and most car can make 400-420whp max out on e85 or race gas.
Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
if it was 1300-1600 price point for a turbo upgrade that bolts into stock location and able to use most of the stock parts and a tune came with it, I would be all on board, it would probably be one of the best selling turbo kits for most users that want good street use performance but at 2200, might as well get a bigger turbo kit since its not too much more.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
If you guys are making 375whp on E30 it has to be way bigger than 30lb/min.

The VF39 on the STi is about 36lb/min and they max out at 330-340whp and the turbo on the EVO X is 45lb/min and the EVO 9 turbo 44lb/min and most car can make 400-420whp max out on e85 or race gas.
I made a typo, I'm so used to typing E30 I hit 3 all the time. I meant to say roughly 40lbs/min.

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
I know the parts are expensive that you put inside but a small turbo like that with that little power increase its not worth 2200$ To me

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
if it was 1300-1600 price point for a turbo upgrade that bolts into stock location and able to use most of the stock parts and a tune came with it, I would be all on board, it would probably be one of the best selling turbo kits for most users that want good street use performance but at 2200, might as well get a bigger turbo kit since its not too much more.
My thoughts as well. That cost is a little to close in price to a bigger turbo

Sponsored

shanic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost 1994 SUPRA 1966 A/C Cobra.
Just wait.
In a 6 to 12 months pricing on a turbo kit will be cheaper:cool:

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
At this time I have to agree that the $2200 price tag is just not worth it compared to the other kits. I'm betting the price of the kits like FFTec and MAP will end up being more expensive in the future as well as this price for the stock turbo replacement cost coming down.

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang & 2015 WRX STI
First off let me me say thank you for the feedback. I am not the one making the turbo or pricing it. I own RIP Tuning and I am working with Chris at Cavalli to help bring solutions to the EB Mustang market.

Yes the turbo is more expensive than a Precision t3 flanged turbo, but it does not require a different downpipe, an exhaust manifold, or different charge pipes. It takes a lot more of an investment to cast your own exhaust housings to bolt onto the Ecoboost head than to make a small manifold that is welded together. There is not a worry about cracking a manifold with this turbo either. There are a lot of advantages to this turbo that you guys are missing. One is lag, due to utilizing the exhaust housing design the turbo spools very fast for its size and keeps the torque in the midrange that you loose with the other turbos. This isn't a big deal for manual cars but it is for autos.

We are working to bring several kits to market with several different versions of this turbo that bolt on. Our first goal is bringing 400/400 with the 55/56 which I believe we will accomplish shortly with a new exhuast housing. Then we will move up from there.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I don't think it's a bad option for people that only want to do bolt-ons and don't want to build their engine and make more power down the line. It's pricey but there's a price to pay for ease of setup etc. It's not what I would go with personally, but I can see there being a market for it.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
First off let me me say thank you for the feedback. I am not the one making the turbo or pricing it. I own RIP Tuning and I am working with Chris at Cavalli to help bring solutions to the EB Mustang market.

Yes the turbo is more expensive than a Precision t3 flanged turbo, but it does not require a different downpipe, an exhaust manifold, or different charge pipes. It takes a lot more of an investment to cast your own exhaust housings to bolt onto the Ecoboost head than to make a small manifold that is welded together. There is not a worry about cracking a manifold with this turbo either. There are a lot of advantages to this turbo that you guys are missing. One is lag, due to utilizing the exhaust housing design the turbo spools very fast for its size and keeps the torque in the midrange that you loose with the other turbos. This isn't a big deal for manual cars but it is for autos.

We are working to bring several kits to market with several different versions of this turbo that bolt on. Our first goal is bringing 400/400 with the 55/56 which I believe we will accomplish shortly with a new exhuast housing. Then we will move up from there.
I don't think anyone is using a manifold adapter that is welded. Pretty sure MAPs is cast SS.

Personally, I think a little lag is what these cars need...I don't need positive manifold pressure the instant I tip into the throttle.

I understand you're just a dealer working w/ the mfr...so you can pass on the $ sentiments. This may end up being a short-lived production if a more economical price point can't be met...

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I don't think anyone is using a manifold adapter that is welded. Pretty sure MAPs is cast SS.

Personally, I think a little lag is what these cars need...I don't need positive manifold pressure the instant I tip into the throttle.

I understand you're just a dealer working w/ the mfr...so you can pass on the $ sentiments. This may end up being a short-lived production if a more economical price point can't be met...
Our's is schedule 10, non-cast.

Stock frame turbo upgrades are great if you already have an intake, downpipe. If you don't, most turbo kits are going to come with an intake, charge pipe, and downpipe by default.

In the end you are looking at spending roughly around the same price as a turbo kit depending on what bolt on's you go with!