First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Inducer: 42.8 mm
Exducer: 59.4 mm
Trim: 52
That's smaller then a gt2860,

Bgolden, can you clarify the 55/56 and 58/56 numbers, is this inducer/exducer size or some other number, having a hard time understanding how the inducer can be as large or larger than the exducer

Thanks.

Last edited:

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang & 2015 WRX STI
No it did not die. We have been extremely busy the past few weeks and are testing the turbo. Our car has made 395 trq and 340 hp on 91 octane from Oklahoma which is comparable to Cali 91. These numbers are early I am working directly with Chris at Cavalli to make a few changes to the turbo and will be retesting. I believe this will be a 400 hp turbo on 91 or 93 when the final product is available.

The turbo on our car has modified exhuast and compressor housings and the Cavalli center section. The quality of craftmanship on the turbo is outstanding. Due to the billet center section fitment is perfect. You could swap it out in your garage in under 3 hours while having a few beers. Cavalli has casted their own exhaust housing which is larger than the stock unit and where we feel will help this turbo out the most.

OP
OP

STREETMASTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
No it did not die. We have been extremely busy the past few weeks and are testing the turbo. Our car has made 395 trq and 340 hp on 91 octane from Oklahoma which is comparable to Cali 91. These numbers are early I am working directly with Chris at Cavalli to make a few changes to the turbo and will be retesting. I believe this will be a 400 hp turbo on 91 or 93 when the final product is available.

The turbo on our car has modified exhuast and compressor housings and the Cavalli center section. The quality of craftmanship on the turbo is outstanding. Due to the billet center section fitment is perfect. You could swap it out in your garage in under 3 hours while having a few beers. Cavalli has casted their own exhaust housing which is larger than the stock unit and where we feel will help this turbo out the most.
Tell Weibbenfrost I said hi lol
Get it done!!

Sponsored

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
One of the reasons I have not been on here as much is that we were working on another car with Cavalli turbos. Also a 55/56 on a 2014 GTR where we were able to make 686 on 17 psi. I know its not a Ecoboost mustang but it does have to do with Cavalli turbos so Enjoy the pics.
cavalli gtr.jpg
cavalli gtr2.jpg
cavalli gtr3.jpg
cavalli gtr4.jpg
cavalli gtr turbos.jpg

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Nice updated info ,nice pics. Is there an eta and a ball park price?

BGolden

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rip tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
The price point on the turbo is $2199. It will include a Turbosmart actuator, Billet compressor wheel, triple ball bearing, and a 18 month warranty. The turbo bolts on to any stock turbo location parts: Exhaust, intake, charge pipes, etc. We will have a kit built around the Cavalli turbo and will bolt on in a day. The turbos are expected to be available in September.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
What device will you use for the tune?

Sponsored

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
The price point on the turbo is $2199. It will include a Turbosmart actuator, Billet compressor wheel, triple ball bearing, and a 18 month warranty. The turbo bolts on to any stock turbo location parts: Exhaust, intake, charge pipes, etc. We will have a kit built around the Cavalli turbo and will bolt on in a day. The turbos are expected to be available in September.
You should do a pre-sale at a slightly discounted price to build more hype and get more money before anything ships once you guys get to the near final stage with actual numbers etc.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Pricing seems really high for just a turbo upgrade/replacement. Comparatively wrx and mazdaspeed 3 have turbo upgrade/replacements for $1-1.5k prices, could list a lot of references but here is one. I see the cav turbo has ball bearings but still...$2200 ehhh

http://corksport.com/mazdaspeed-3-turbo-upgrade.html

Eco_roller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Stang / 1967 'Cuda 273
I am very interested in this. With the turbo installed, does it still look factory? With the turbo installed and no tune, how will it run?

thanks

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I am very interested in this. With the turbo installed, does it still look factory? With the turbo installed and no tune, how will it run?

thanks
It will look mostly factory because it's an upgraded factory turbo, the center is the only part that would give it away. And you should never use the stock tune with an upgraded turbo.
Sponsored