Sponsored

Catted downpipe

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
I'm in Ca and I'm wondering if these catted down pipes will pass smog, anyone have any info on this ?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The catted CP-e downpipe has a 200 cell cat, iirc. Ron could chime in and answer that for certain. CP-e is hands-down the nicest and best downpipe on the market. If you're going to spend money and want a quality piece, that is the way to go. Ron could get you a discount on it as well.

Tommy556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I4
I have a catback and an intercooler and I am custome tuned to around 310whp/375wt.

Does it make sense to install a downpipe afterwards, or would I not benefit a lot without adjusting the tune? Or would it even hurt my car?

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I have a catback and an intercooler and I am custome tuned to around 310whp/375wt.

Does it make sense to install a downpipe afterwards, or would I not benefit a lot without adjusting the tune? Or would it even hurt my car?
Pretty sure from what has been said, even if you had a tune prior to the downpipe, you will need adjustment to that tune once you install one.

Also, nice power numbers.:thumbsup:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that is one of the things holding me back on a downpipe. That and driving it without tune to the dealership if I need to.
I drove 50km without tune to the tuning company, felt no difference, except nice sound add on...:D

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

The Cobb Stage 1 OTS loved the catless downpipe, I could feel the mid low power instantly, it just was hitting the boost limit sooner and the throttle body was closing to stop additional boost. My custom tune of course allowed for more pressure and more power safely so I think you would be fine with your current tune for a while.

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Cobb Stage 1 OTS loved the catless downpipe, I could feel the mid low power instantly, it just was hitting the boost limit sooner and the throttle body was closing to stop additional boost. My custom tune of course allowed for more pressure and more power safely so I think you would be fine with your current tune for a while.
I drove 50km without tune to the tuning company, felt no difference, except nice sound add on...
Again, the two reasons I want a downpipe, just got to pay some bills first!

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question, will I have an issue installing a different manufacturer's downpipe to my MAP exhaust?

Last edited:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
As long as it's a 3 inch v band you should have 0 issues.

OP
OP

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at the Krona DP, it says it uses a v band clamp so I'm good right?

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
If they can get you that last bend piece in V-band on both sides it's perfect, If you they have only a slip joint adapter you would have to modify it be putting a v band on somehow. Using the stock catback adapter on the MAP exhaust and the DP then using the stock slip joint is possible but it will be a restriction because it necks down to 2.5 inches before going back to 3

Last edited:

BrewCityBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BrewCityBOOST Mustang
That looks like a direct copy of MAP's dp so I think it would be ok, just make sure they send you the correct final bend which is a 3 inch vband on both sides. The one pictured is the 2.5 slipjoint for the stock catback, which you don't want.
Edit. Just looked at the price, and can see its like $160 less than the Map one, Might be worth contacting map to see if they will work with you.
whoa theyre pardner, no copies of anything going on with Krona :thumbsup: Keep in mind it is a downpipe and there are only so many ways to make it work.

check out the rest of the exhausts we offer by Krona, its a unique brand built upon grassroots. Very far from any of the mega brands youll find.

The downpipe also comes with both adapters, stock catback and 3". the 3" adapter is vband on the downpipe side and slipfit on the catback side. wouldnt be a huge effort to make that fit to the MAP catback.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
[MENTION=18144]BrewCityBOOST[/MENTION]
I apologize, My wording was terrible, of course you are right, there are only so many ways to do a down pipe on these cars and even though the details seem identical, I wouldn't know who copied who.
My worse mistake was not realizing you were a vendor and supporter of the site, I only recommended the other vendor because I have their product and knew they were a forum supporter.

I have edited my post to reflect that. :cheers:

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Hi all,

Could someone tell me what you mean by 400 or 200 cat converter? I'm new to these cars (just bought my '16 a week and a half ago) and I'm still learning the stuff particular to them.
Sponsored