Catch can or oil separator??/ Hellion street sleeper

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue
I have done some searching and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, So i have a 18 that i am almost done with a hellion twin sleeper kit, on my past cars i have done a catch can with two -10's. last car was a 14 with a cpr kit, every once in a while when you stop id get some smoke and if you wanted to run ac or heat its like a gas chamber, lol. Will using oil sepatator be effective enough? seems like the guys making bigger hp numbers tend to use catch cans. Id plain to push about 900rwhp. also any other suggestions would be apprecited
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Unless I am wrong, typically oil separator and catch can mean the same thing as far as I know......

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Unless I am wrong, typically oil separator and catch can mean the same thing as far as I know......
You are correct.

OP I have a remote catch can/seperator that runs two into a Y then one -12 to under the rear bumper. No fumes at all in the engine compartment for the fresh air vent to suck in. It's posted somewhere in the classifieds. It goes in place of the evap canister back there under and re-uses it's mounting bolts. Holds a large amount of liquid, then takes just a few seconds to drain.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/custom-remote-catch-can.126706/#post-2629050

OP
OP

onefastmf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
james
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue

Although they do the same thing, I always thought A air separator is just recirculating back into the intake and catch can is just vented to atmosphere??

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Although they do the same thing, I always thought A air separator is just recirculating back into the intake and catch can is just vented to atmosphere??
Breathers vent to the atmosphere

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I just set up a UPR catch can set up on my buddys hellion sleeper 18. Works and looks great.
Sponsored