TheNetcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (Manual, Base)
Hey guys,

I have a 2019 Mustang GT in manual with the active exhaust option. My question is…does a catback exhaust system increase performance or simply just a sound upgrade to the car?

I was also looking to just get an H-pipe instead of the catback get a more deeper muscle sound. However, will it also increase performance?

Current Mods:
BDX 93 Octane Tune, JLT cai with tune, and Ford lowering springs.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Anyone? Lol
They (cb or H) are meant for sound only really. Some may claim a few hp but really where you can see a benefit is in the weight reduction. Find a combo you like the sound of and as long as it's lighter than oem you are in good shape.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Don’t waste ur money on a catback if you have the active exhaust. Go with an H or X pipe if looking for more sound. 100%

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1

Sponsored

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I spent a few months researching which catback or axle-back I was gunna get.

In the end, I'm very happy with my Steeda H-pipe...(as are many around this forum)
Some guy posted dyno results after installing his; and while it didn't add any horsepower, it gave him quite a nice double-digit torque increase in the 2400-3600 range, so that sold me on it.

The sound is great.. I get compliments from people all the time about how good it sounds... but at the same time, I'm not the scourge of the neighborhood... which is exactly what I was looking for...
But if you want to be that guy with the loudest Mustang in town, go for the catback...

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Screenshot_20200630-225801_Chrome.jpg

Found a screenshot I took of the guys results before and after the install

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
I've got the active exhaust on my 21 gtpp. I had a muffler shop make me an hpipe rather than buying one. Price worked out to be the same. Cannot believe at how much louder it made the exhaust, but the burbles and pops is what made it worth it

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
No rasp at all. It is not your typical x-pipe. I had an h-pipe before the SwitchFire and that actually had rasp with my active exhaust. Sounded cheap and terrible. The SwitchFire is deep at low revs and sounds great revving the car out. Everyone here that has it has nothing but good things to say about it. YMMV..........

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
No rasp at all. It is not your typical x-pipe. I had an h-pipe before the SwitchFire and that actually had rasp with my active exhaust. Sounded cheap and terrible. The SwitchFire is deep at low revs and sounds great revving the car out. Everyone here that has it has nothing but good things to say about it. YMMV..........
I'm kinda torn right now between H & X. I've had H pipe in my S197 V6 before and it sounded great, while my buddy who had the same car had the X pipe and sounded raspy.

My appt to get the custom H/X pipe is this Thursday, and the guy there who knows his shit insisted that the X for the Coyote sounds deeper than the H (who completely goes against what I know lol)
Sponsored