Sponsored

Caster camber plates! What are you using?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Alternatively, I used Steeda's camber bolts in conjunction with their plates and didn't drill out the tower. I typically run -3.2* camber this way.
This works too, but you can limit yourself in regards to tire clearance as the camber bolt tips the inner top of the tire closer to the front strut. Works fine for some setups, but can present a conflict in some aggressive setups.
Sponsored

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
This works too, but you can limit yourself in regards to tire clearance as the camber bolt tips the inner top of the tire closer to the front strut. Works fine for some setups, but can present a conflict in some aggressive setups.
I'm running 325s up front on 11.5" wheels, not sure how much more aggressive a fitment is needed 🙂

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'm running 325s up front on 11.5" wheels, not sure how much more aggressive a fitment is needed 🙂
With proper backspacing that's more than possible. I was merely letting people know that there is a potential downside with using camber bolts in that manner. In fact on previous car's I've done the opposite of what you did and set the camber bolts to "positive camber" to gain additional clearance from the struts and then used cut strut hats to get back to a proper static camber setting.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Hey this is Junior from N4SM. I have heard maximum motorsports camber plates are great!
A buddy of mine has them, he said he hasn't had any issues.

a2.jpg

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I have the Steeda Camber Plates and rear shock mounts.

They get an A for V&H, but a C on noise as they are a bit clunky and rattly at parking lot or slow speeds over imperfections.

While driving or at speed there is no NVH, only when going slow.

Last edited:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have the Steeda Camber Plates and rear shock mounts.

They get an A for V&H, but a C on noise as they are a bit clunky and rattly at parking lot or slow speeds over imperfections.

While driving or at speed there is no NVH, only when going slow.

To clarify, the clunking I’m assuming is from the rear shock mounts. Have never ever heard anyone getting NVH from their camber plates.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
To clarify, the clunking I’m assuming is from the rear shock mounts. Have never ever heard anyone getting NVH from their camber plates.
Only if care is not used disassembling the factory rubber/plastic bearing from the spring/strut assembly.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I have it front and rear. Not a big deal. Very slight and only at slow speeds. Is fine over 20 MPH
Sponsored