CARiD Sucks

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Do yourself a favor and don't order from CARiD.

I ordered two exhaust clamps from CARiD. First of all, I'm in MA and they sourced it from Arizona, not the most efficient so shipping took a while. I get the parts, and they're the wrong part. So the Arizona dealer pulled the wrong part from their inventory. I request a refund from CARiD, and they say it takes 3-5 business days just to email me a return label? Pretty ridiculous, but ok. I get the label, send the parts back to the manufacturer, and they get there. I call CARiD since I haven't heard anything from them, and they say yeah we see it got delivered, give another 3-5 business days for the dealer to "inspect the parts" and confirm that they can refund me. Starting to get pissed off at this point because they sent me the wrong parts in the first place and this is holding up a project. Here's where it all goes to s**t. The dealer in Arizona claims that one of the exhaust clamps was "missing a label" so they will only refund me for ONE of the clamps. Keep in mind these are $45 a pop so not cheap enough where I don't care about losing the money. I call CARiD and emphatically explain to them that I returned the parts exactly as they came, I didn't even try to install (which is true). CARiD says ok we'll escalate the issue, and to wait another 2-3 business days. I wait. I call back. They say yep you're good we'll issue you the full refund! I'm happy, waiting for the refund. I get an email this morning about getting a refund, but it's only for the amount of one of the clamps?? So I call CARiD, and they go back on their word. They won't give me the full refund because the dealer refuses to credit them the full amount since "one of the clamps is missing a label." Who cares if it's missing a label when you have the actual part in hand??? You know, the piece that actually costs money and has value???? So now between the cost of the second clamp and shipping, I'm out like $60 for no reason. Anyways, learn from my experience, don't order from CARiD. I should've come to the forums first. I ordered the parts from @LevittownFordParts since everyone on here recommends them, and I'll only be using them for OEM parts in the future. I know most of this isn't exactly CARiD's fault and more the dealer's, but the overall experience just sucked so don't even bother with them.

BTW - the dealer in Arizona is Sanderson Ford. Screw those guys. They sent me the wrong parts, they got the parts back, and they won't give me all my money back. Scumbags
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Send your complaint in detail to BBB. Also a review on Google helps others not go through the same thing.

OP
OP
nicksalvadore24

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
If you paid with a CC then dispute it.
Still may not be resolved in your favor but at least you can put the ass holes through more paperwork bullshit.
Now that is a great idea

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Second the credit card charge back. Add a nice review for CarID and one for the AZ dealership as well.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
If you paid with a CC then dispute it.
Still may not be resolved in your favor but at least you can put the ass holes through more paperwork bullshit.
Exactly. You hold all the cards with your credit card company. You dispute it and tell them that you sent it back as it is in the original box because they did not fulfill their end….your bank normally will side with you and ID can kiss ass. I normally use my Chase card but when I’m buying a big thing I usually use American Express because they fight.

OP
OP
nicksalvadore24

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
CC dispute has been filed. Glad I posted on here, totally didn’t think of that

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Send your complaint in detail to BBB. Also a review on Google helps others not go through the same thing.
BBB is a joke. Do not put any faith in their rating.
Same with Google. They post for pay. Never forget that.

Credit card dispute is the way to go.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
100% agree on the credit card dispute. Hell hath no fury like Citibank chewing someone’s ass on my behalf. They’ve backed me up multiple times and always get a good resolution.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Once I disputed an Uber ride (Credit Card) that was a "no show". Now I can never take an Uber again or I pay the ride that never showed up. How fucked up is that? 😅

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
BBB is a joke. Do not put any faith in their rating.
Same with Google. They post for pay. Never forget that.

Credit card dispute is the way to go.
BBB has it's place. They don't really wield much power but, if you bother to check, their ratings and reviews can tell the story.
I had a bait & switch situation with an auto electronics company in Florida. Had I read their BBB ratings before hand it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble. As it was I left them a very bad (but honest) review and an equally honest rebuttal to their reply.
You just have to remember to look BEFORE you leap...

OP
OP
nicksalvadore24

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
You can buy exhaust clamps from O'Reilly's
Lol cheap sheet metal exhaust clamps that don’t fit? Yes you can. Exhaust clamps to replace factory ones that function properly? No you can’t. I tried

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Lol cheap sheet metal exhaust clamps that don’t fit? Yes you can. Exhaust clamps to replace factory ones that function properly? No you can’t. I tried
I've had O'Reilly clamps holding together my borla catback for 4 years... Seems to be working fine to me. Doesnt droop either like some exhausts you see. A clamp is a clamp don't over think it. Just over tighten it. Lol

OP
OP
nicksalvadore24

nicksalvadore24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I've had O'Reilly clamps holding together my borla catback for 4 years... Seems to be working fine to me. Doesnt droop either like some exhausts you see. A clamp is a clamp don't over think it. Just over tighten it. Lol
In a pinch I tried some from Autozone and Advance Auto, didn’t work for me so I ended up ordering the OEM. They’re the front clamps that connect the headers to mid pipe
Sponsored