Sponsored

What types of car-related events do you guys regularly go to?

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Hopefully they won't eliminate this stuff because of all the COVID BS.

My regulars:

-Goodguys shows in Pleasanton
-Monterey car week every year (various free events, Pebble Beach is too expensive and I don't care about 100 year old cars sitting on grass so I do the cruises and downtown car shows)
-Wednesday night drags

My once every couple or few years:

-Monterey Motorsports Reunion (Laguna Seca)
-Savemart 350 at Sonoma
-NHRA Autolite nationals at Sonoma

Some stuff I've been to once and would like to do again:

-Oakland Roadster Show (in Pomona now)
-Hot Import Nights
-Indy racing at Auto Club Speedway (Pomona)

Used to go to the SF International Auto Show every year but got bored ever since I got into the car sales business (11 years ago)

So far, NASCAR and NHRA are cancelled at Sonoma this year, as well as the next couple wednesday night drags. If they cancel Monterey car week I'll be PISSED
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I stopped going to car shows a few years ago - about the time I ripped my '70 apart. Maybe once I get it back together I will start doing car shows again.

I like going to local HPDE events. The track night in America event is a lot of fun.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Certainly not the ones were people sit in a parking lot all day. However I will do that once in a while to support the veterans.

The others drive by and thru so folks. See, hear whatever HotRod I may have out that day running. Then head for the hills for the reason I own the cars.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
I drive around hoping someone in a cool car will show up. I also post on this forum and try to remember I'm talking to actual people. I'm not always successful with either. I did have a nice mutual thumbs up with a guy in a beautiful 67 (restomod?) the other day. I've seen him before, and he's always friendly.
Sounds like me!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Certainly not the ones were people sit in a parking lot all day. However I will do that once in a while to support the veterans.

The others drive by and thru so folks. See, hear whatever HotRod I may have out that day running. Then head for the hills for the reason I own the cars.
I'm a little like that as well. Back when I did go to some shows I would walk through and then leave. I really prefer not to sit by the car all day.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Sounds like me!
Me too!

I try to hit the Cars and Coffee, and some local shows, just to see what's what. I do like the Track Night in America. That was a blast, and I'll be going back, soon I hope. I also did a Autocross school event. That was a lot fun as well, and I'm trying to back to that too.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Not much, seems the car people in my area do small town festivals. It's all pickups and kids cruising parking lots of their schools hangout.
Down near the beach way to many tourist and the cops have been giving some laws that make car cruising a risk in Myrtle Beach.
Stopped the car shows for now.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Many, if not most, car shows have been cancelled. The ones I will participate in must be judge. If not, then I hang out for a bit then go home.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was excited to go to my first Cars and Coffees (West Palm Beach) but between the masses of gaudy imports and douche car owners it was a little bit of a letdown.

My favorites will always be Run to the Sun and Mustang Week (both Myrtle Beach SC). Perfect size and variety in those shows. Ahhh.. when life was easy.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I was excited to go to my first Cars and Coffees (West Palm Beach) but between the masses of gaudy imports and douche car owners it was a little bit of a letdown.

My favorites will always be Run to the Sun and Mustang Week (both Myrtle Beach SC). Perfect size and variety in those shows. Ahhh.. when life was easy.
Last year the hurricane, this year the COV, I was at the first one, and then worked at the autocross race track for a few, tried the Thursday's night drags couple of times. It has almost gotten to big to enjoy now

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Usually the AM show at Maple Grove in Pennsylvania (canceled this year, natch) and Burtonsville Cars and Coffee, AKA "Church of the Holy Donut" here in Maryland on Sunday mornings.

Bayside Mustangs holds an annual show in the parking area at the dealership where I bought my car - it's in August, and I'll go if they don't cancel. We've been coming out of the 'Rona pretty well here and are well into reopening with no real problems yet, so...we'll see.
Sponsored