Sponsored

Car is dead - Need help

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Update: Car is fixed. I did not do the fix myself but I come to an agreement with the dealer where they basically charged me 1 hr of labor for the initial diagnosis and fix and plus $14 for the parts. Still not as cheap as doing it myself but you have to be fair to people. They did the diagnosis and given that, I think 1 hour of labor for fixing it and diagnosing it is fair. $165 is what I paid.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Did they replace the whole fuse box like they initially wanted to or did you tell them to just try the actual 125 Amps fuse and see if that worked?
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Update: Car is fixed. I did not do the fix myself but I come to an agreement with the dealer where they basically charged me 1 hr of labor for the initial diagnosis and fix and plus $14 for the parts. Still not as cheap as doing it myself but you have to be fair to people. They did the diagnosis and given that, I think 1 hour of labor for fixing it and diagnosing it is fair. $165 is what I paid.

Thanks for the update & congratulations!!

Did they just replace the fuse (P/N FU5Z 14526 A) as you posted earlier?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I would like to know what cause fuse breakage in the first place. Was the car electric system on when jump start performed?

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Guys,

Its likely that someone before I arrived at the scene may have tried to connect the jumper cables to where the fusebox connections are. When I arrived with my other car there were neighbors there trying to assist my wife. I am only speculating at this point. When I arrived, a gentleman was holding the jumper cables. I grabbed them and put them on the battery. As soon as I did and got in the car and started the car, it ran the first time.

When I got out of the car, someone (there were multiple people there) said something along the lines of “ah thats where the connection points were” which now makes me speculate that maybe they incorrectly tied them to the fusebox.

Again, I dont want to sound rude because these people went out of their way in 20F degree weather at 8 pm in windy conditions (some with sandals and tshirts shivering). The statement I heard back then, in conjunction with what was said in this thread, now made me realize this is what may have happened.

Its all good, thankfully $165 is all it cost me. It could have been much worse.

Also as always, this forum has been super nice to me helping me out in times of great difficulty. I am thankful for each one of you. My baby continues to run at 56,450 miles now. I hope she never dies:)

mustang charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Gt 6spd convertable preimium , 1996 S10 , 2001 S10 , 2018 Honda civic touring

your welcome , lot of good people willing to help on this site .

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Just read through all this. Thanks for all the info, great info here!
Sponsored