Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So the Camaro costs $6275 more
Does half a G less on the skid pad.
They talk about its 1 tenth of a second advantage to 60 as a huge victory and totally ignore that it loses the quarter mile by twice that much and 3mph.
Acceleration numbers seem fishy
The mustang does 0-100 in 13.4 seconds a full second faster than the Camaro but takes another.6 seconds to finish the quarter and gain that 2 additional mph sounds like a bad launch and shifting too late
Tha Camaro doen't even hit 100 in the quarter and somehow manages a 14.2? Sounds like good launches only

It loses the MPG battle both in EPA and in Observed rating

But the Camaro is the better car because they like the sound better?
It is all they talk about for the entire blurb of why it's better.

Yeah most biased article ever.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If your buying a vehicle purely for cool sounding exhaust. I recommend a Harley Davidson or Fox body Mustang. If I'm buying a performance car. I'm doing it for the performance not the exhaust note. I recently put headers and an X-pipe on my GT. Were riding down the street and a guy gives us a thumbs up and says loud. I thought to myself after saying thanks. I don't want loud. I just want the extra 25WHP.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The media is doing everything it can to save camaro sales. Last year C&D said the Mustang was one of the best handling card out there now they say the rear the car is twitchy and wont stay planted. The only thing that has changed is the Camaro isn't selling.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was just on the gm authority site the excuses are still flowing on why the camaro isn't selling. Very funny reading I recommend it for anyone needing a laugh.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Was just on the gm authority site the excuses are still flowing on why the camaro isn't selling. Very funny reading I recommend it for anyone needing a laugh.
It is disheartening to read...

Initial bicker in May 2016 sales doesn't sound promising for the Camaro. They could actually post similar April numbers in May... Going below 7500 in May is danger, danger.

The Mustang is moving just as fast as it was last May. Now that 3000-5000 Mustang's are going overseas, the 13,000 they sell today is more than 13,000 in May 2015. They did not export Mustang's in full swing until this year.

We hear a lot of interior squeaks in a 15,000 SS. The chassis is flexing and twisting already :(

The new Camaro needs more sub frame support. I suggest installing the convertibles support as standard. I'm betting the V6 is worst and that is why its handling performance is garbage.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If they would have done something original/different for the Camaro styling, maybe sales wouldn't be stagnant....

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If they would have done something original/different for the Camaro styling, maybe sales wouldn't be stagnant....
That's exactly right. They put way to much stock in the Hardcore Camaro guys! They built a car for them. It looks almost exactly the same as the 5th gen. Has the same terrible sight lines and sparse interior. Shame actually. Because the performance is on point.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
No kidding.

It's like they built it for a few thousand people, pretty dumb. Shame, since the performance can't be denied. I looked at one (red 2SS) last weekend and it did nothing for me. Nothing.

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
I subscribe to Car and Driver and I remember that article.
Why didn't they compare 4 cylinder to 4 cylinder? Both are turbos.
That's why that article was BS.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They compared v6 to I4 because they thought it would give the camaro the edge. I use to subscribe to car and driver but they were getting more and more biased against Ford products so I dropped it. Road and track is just as bad and motor trend should be called general motors monthly.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I subscribe to Car and Driver and I remember that article.
Why didn't they compare 4 cylinder to 4 cylinder? Both are turbos.
That's why that article was BS.
Because they went with middle trim lineups. The Mustang uses a V6-T4-V8 setup where the Chevy uses a T4-V6-V8 lineup. This makes them direct competitors.

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Because they went with middle trim lineups. The Mustang uses a V6-T4-V8 setup where the Chevy uses a T4-V6-V8 lineup. This makes them direct competitors.
A fair point.
But if people are going to compare actual performance(these being a type of sports car and all) then in the real world I would think that the comparison of like engines would be more useful.
Of course,the infotainment systems and the number of cupholders,not to mention the fake carbon fiber accents,are likely more important to most amurricans.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
what engine GM going to respond to Ford if ecoboost mustang get upgrade to 2.7 v6 375-400hp?

rlhmarines

1st Civ Div
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2013 ZL1
GM does have a 3.0 TT V6 and two different 3.6 TT V6's in the inventory if need be.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
GM does have a 3.0 TT V6 and two different 3.6 TT V6's in the inventory if need be.
now that would be fantastic for both fans, I doubt Ford would go with 3.5 TT v6 for MY 18'. both mid range mustang and camaro goes to 400 hp.:headbang:
Sponsored