Sponsored

Car and Driver June edition - EB Mustang v V6 Camaro

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Actually, they compared the Ecoboost to the n/a V6 because the entire magazine was dedicated to such tests... Forced Air vs Naturally Aspirated.

The EB Mustang is the middle tier for Mustangs while the V6 is the same for the Camaro (their turbo four is the entry level option).

Personally I think this was better positioning by GM. Ford detuned their n/a V6 and limited it's options so people would be more attracted to the EB - because that's the technology they're pushing right now.
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Actually, they compared the Ecoboost to the n/a V6 because the entire magazine was dedicated to such tests... Forced Air vs Naturally Aspirated.

The EB Mustang is the middle tier for Mustangs while the V6 is the same for the Camaro (their turbo four is the entry level option).

Personally I think this was better positioning by GM. Ford detuned their n/a V6 and limited it's options so people would be more attracted to the EB - because that's the technology they're pushing right now.
Apparently not considering the sales numbers.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Apparently not considering the sales numbers.
I'm not even sure why anyone would be so focused on the sales numbers of a car that was introduced for sale in the middle of winter and, in my observation, hasn't really started making an appearance until the last couple of months.

The real numbers will be a year from now when an accurate comparison can be made.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Those numbers for the Camaro...don't make much sense.

Aren't they worse compared to the 5th gen?

EDIT: I forgot the Camaro has A/S tires...this explains some of the confusion. Although...that trap speed is pretty low considering the P/W ratio...

Last edited:

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Wow that's crazy.. 14.2 sec 1/4 mile while weighing almost 200 lbs less?

I could have sworn I read mid 13 secs from GM, other magazine publishers.. Camaro has more HP but the EB has more torque.. so power is almost identical.

Good for the EB. Don't like how they compare it to the FRS, BRZ tho.. kind of lowers the class of the EB no? Since the power of the FRS, BRZ are nowhere close to the EB.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Wow that's crazy.. 14.2 sec 1/4 mile while weighing almost 200 lbs less?

I could have sworn I read mid 13 secs from GM, other magazine publishers.. Camaro has more HP but the EB has more torque.. so power is almost identical.

Good for the EB. Don't like how they compare it to the FRS, BRZ tho.. kind of lowers the class of the EB no? Since the power of the FRS, BRZ are nowhere close to the EB.
I'm pretty sure it would run mid 13s under ideal conditions.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The real numbers will be a year from now when an accurate comparison can be made.
Maybe so, but the Mustang sales numbers went up right away when the new model came out. Even if the Camaro sales numbers go up a year from now, it's pretty poor results from a redesign compared to the results Ford got.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I'm not even sure why anyone would be so focused on the sales numbers of a car that was introduced for sale in the middle of winter and, in my observation, hasn't really started making an appearance until the last couple of months.

what does a car being released in winter have to do with poor sales #'s compared to its direct competitor? when May's sales #'s are poor in a couple days , what will the reason be then? it's well into spring....hell its over 90deg here in Florida and I can count the # of 6th gen camaros I have seen with my cock and balls.

Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
what does a car being released in winter have to do with poor sales #'s compared to its direct competitor? when May's sales #'s are poor in a couple days , what will the reason be then? it's well into spring....hell its over 90deg here in Florida and I can count the # of 6th gen camaros I have seen with my cock and balls.

You may want to have a doctor take a look at that. :lol:

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Maybe so, but the Mustang sales numbers went up right away when the new model came out. Even if the Camaro sales numbers go up a year from now, it's pretty poor results from a redesign compared to the results Ford got.
They dropped the weight which is great but they played it safe on the styling which might prove to be a mistake. Looking forward to seeing the special models in person... 1LE, ZL1 etc... The regular SS doesn't do much for me.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
They dropped the weight which is great but they played it safe on the styling which might prove to be a mistake. Looking forward to seeing the special models in person... 1LE, ZL1 etc... The regular SS doesn't do much for me.
Played it safe with the styling while jacking up the price...

I agree though. I wanted the SS but since they've announced the ZL1 I don't see myself buying an SS any time soon. I'll just wait for someone to take the initial depreciation hit and buy a ZL1 later.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Played it safe with the styling while jacking up the price...

I agree though. I wanted the SS but since they've announced the ZL1 I don't see myself buying an SS any time soon. I'll just wait for someone to take the initial depreciation hit and buy a ZL1 later.
Word to that. With the A10.......:love::love::love:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They did worse than play it safe...the rear end styling in particular is just super boring for the kind of car it is. The front & side aren't bad, but you still have to look to make sure you're looking at a '16 vs a prior gen.
Sponsored