Sponsored

Cant stream music via bluetooth?

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Just bought my mustang a couple weeks ago and cant figure out if this is even possible. I want to stream music through bluetooth or at least plug it in to listen to pandora.

I have a base V6 so i dont know if it has sync or whatever that is. I have tried plugging it into the 2 usb ports i have but doesnt seem like it detects a phone and the bluetooth only connects calls.

Is this possible or am i SOL?
Sponsored

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Should be possible yes. Are you pressing the 'Media' button to cycle through your options?

OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
Yes i dont get a bluetooth option when i scroll through media and the USB option is there but nothing happens when I plug my phone in via USB

k757

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT V8
I have the base radio in the GT-V8. Once the phone synced to SYNC via Bluetooth, I think I pressed the Media button a couple of times and my bluetooth-streaming music was playing. After this initial working, once my bluetooth connects to the car, I just press the Media button once and my streaming music is playing. No wires are needed.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just bought my mustang a couple weeks ago and cant figure out if this is even possible. I want to stream music through bluetooth or at least plug it in to listen to pandora.

I have a base V6 so i dont know if it has sync or whatever that is. I have tried plugging it into the 2 usb ports i have but doesnt seem like it detects a phone and the bluetooth only connects calls.

Is this possible or am i SOL?
Hey Gooner86,

Yes you can definitely stream media from your phone via Bluetooth.

Make sure your phone is paired to SYNC: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...up/how-to-pair-your-phone-with-ford-sync.html

Once you are connected, start Pandora on your phone, then press the VOICE COMMAND button in your vehicle, and give the command, "BLUETOOTH AUDIO".

Let me know how it goes.

Whitney

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gooner86

ARSENA1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red V6
I got it working finally thanks everyone I hitting the M button on the steering wheel which wasnt working but when I hit the Media button next to the screen I was able to scroll through Bluetooth, USB 1 and USB 2 and got it working that way and now when I press the M on the steering wheel bluetooth shows up too. Must have been a first time thing.

Thanks for the help :headbonk: :cheers:

Tavinho5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 "white cherry" GT
Gooner86,

Glad to hear that it's working! If you have other questions, don't be shy.

Shaay
Today when i wated to play my music by Bluetooth it shows a message "bad media track" and it disconnects my phone! Is it really needed to do the SYNC update so this can work?

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Tavinho5.0,

The message "bad media track" suggests that you have unsupported files on your device, and a SYNC update will not correct that. The supported audio formats include MP3, WMA, WAV and AAC. If you have anything other than those, SYNC may not be able to read them and will disconnect from the media portion of your phone. Over the weekend, take a look at your music and remove anything that's not listed above; then see if SYNC still disconnects your phone. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Tavinho5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 "white cherry" GT
Hi Tavinho5.0,

The message "bad media track" suggests that you have unsupported files on your device, and a SYNC update will not correct that. The supported audio formats include MP3, WMA, WAV and AAC. If you have anything other than those, SYNC may not be able to read them and will disconnect from the media portion of your phone. Over the weekend, take a look at your music and remove anything that's not listed above; then see if SYNC still disconnects your phone. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca
The thing is that all my music comes from itunes! I didnt have a problem with it since i got it but just from one day to another it doesnt play music even pandora wont play it! Every time i open it it disconnects my phone!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Sorry to bump this, but I'm recently having BT streaming issues. I have a Nexus 6P running Android 6.0.1, and BT streaming was working fine, that is until Saturday when I went to get lunch. I have made no changes to the phone or the car. It all of a sudden doesn't stream music. I tried turning off Bluetooth on my phone & Sync, and even repairing the phone. It just won't let me stream saying BT audio is unavailable (even though Sync says my phone is connected!). To top it off, it won't playback music from my phone when I connect it via USB. I verified under BT settings on the phone that it can be used for Phone Audio, Media Audio, Contact Sharing, and Message Access.

Anyone run into a similar issue?

Phone: Nexus 6P/Android 6.0.1
Car: '15 GT Premium

Tavinho5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 "white cherry" GT
Sorry to bump this, but I'm recently having BT streaming issues. I have a Nexus 6P running Android 6.0.1, and BT streaming was working fine, that is until Saturday when I went to get lunch. I have made no changes to the phone or the car. It all of a sudden doesn't stream music. I tried turning off Bluetooth on my phone & Sync, and even repairing the phone. It just won't let me stream saying BT audio is unavailable (even though Sync says my phone is connected!). To top it off, it won't playback music from my phone when I connect it via USB. I verified under BT settings on the phone that it can be used for Phone Audio, Media Audio, Contact Sharing, and Message Access.

Anyone run into a similar issue?

Phone: Nexus 6P/Android 6.0.1
Car: '15 GT Premium
Thats just exactly what happen to me! Someone wrote in an early post that he disconnected his battery for 10 minutes or so and i did the exact same! My Bluetooth is working fine now so id say you go head and try it it wont change any setting from your car at all! :headbang:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Thats just exactly what happen to me! Someone wrote in an early post that he disconnected his battery for 10 minutes or so and i did the exact same! My Bluetooth is working fine now so id say you go head and try it it wont change any setting from your car at all! :headbang:
Thanks, will give it a shot when I get home tonight.
Sponsored