Sponsored

Can we consider the Mach 1 a Shelby GT350 with an automatic transmission?

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Mach 1's loudness is not comparable to a GT350. It's not a question of loudness, it is tone - which cannot be replicated with a non-FPC engine. Just like it's worth it to buy a GT500 because of the trans, it's worth it to buy a GT350 just for the engine sound. Kidding a bit but nonetheless true.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I can hear the GT350 Boys lining up to crush you OP lol. Does it really matter? Every car sells/value is accordantly to their Year, make, Model and yours is a Mach-1 model and theirs are a GT350 Model. I don't care but they are apples to Oranges in comparison as they say. Good Luck
Technically I would say they are different varieties of apples, as they are both Mustangs, more like Golden Delicious vs. Granny Smith. GT350 guys might try and tell you their cars are Shelby's, but except for the bolt on parts and snake badges, they are as Mustang as the original 1964 1/2 coupe.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Technically I would say they are different varieties of apples, as they are both Mustangs, more like Golden Delicious vs. Granny Smith. GT350 guys might try and tell you their cars are Shelby's, but except for the bolt on parts and snake badges, they are as Mustang as the original 1964 1/2 coupe.
So a GT350 is not a Shelby? :)

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
So a GT350 is not a Shelby? :)
Was it built in El Segundo or Las Vegas by Shelby American or in Flat Rock Michigan by Ford.

Heck, even the originals back in the 1960's started life as Mustangs. So in my book, they are all Mustangs first and a Shelby, Saleen, Roush, etc. in addition.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
There are no Mustangs built by Shelby. There are mustangs Shelby modified, but all started as a Mustang off a Ford assembly line.
The closest car to being a Shelby was the mid 60s Cobra and even those cars originally were British AC Sports cars.
Even the original GT40 was built by Ford in England.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Damn it, now I'm hungry for Golden Delicious Apples. Lol And Yes I do Agree, they are All Mustangs except some owners are obsessed with Badging, I don't get it. For Me, A sticker or Emblem doesn't impress me. The actual car someone owns does. Later

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Was it built in El Segundo or Las Vegas by Shelby American or in Flat Rock Michigan by Ford.

Heck, even the originals back in the 1960's started life as Mustangs. So in my book, they are all Mustangs first and a Shelby, Saleen, Roush, etc. in addition.
Won't even argue with you, because this will go the way "I think, you think" - I don't have time for that :)

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Won't even argue with you, because this will go the way "I think, you think" - I don't have time for that :)
Good, I win! :rockon:

FYI: My Mach1 chassis could have been a "Shelby" GT500 if they had put a GT500 build sheet on it at the body or paint shop. I'm not sure at what point they get their first GT500 specific (non-Mustang interchangeable) part? Just sayin'

Last edited:

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
There are no Mustangs built by Shelby. There are mustangs Shelby modified, but all started as a Mustang off a Ford assembly line.
The closest car to being a Shelby was the mid 60s Cobra and even those cars originally were British AC Sports cars.
Even the original GT40 was built by Ford in England.
I think the Shelby Daytona Coupe (one of my all-time Favorite cars) was mostly Designed & Built by Shelby, and the 427 Cobra was redesigned by Shelby.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I
I think the Shelby Daytona Coupe (one of my all-time Favorite cars) was mostly Designed & Built by Shelby, and the 427 Cobra was redesigned by Shelby.
It was built by Shelby and designed by Peter Brock. And it was developed by Ken Miles and Peter Brock.

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I

It was built by Shelby and designed by Peter Brock. And it was developed by Ken Miles and Peter Brock.
Thank you for adding the details. Pretty much the only 100% Shelby, Shelby?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Right, I know I will be attacked by the manual tranny lovers but it's just not for me. I learned how to drive a car when I was 16 on a manual transmission Skoda POS (piece of shit) and haven't driven a manual transmission car for like 20 years so I pretty much suck at it. So I got me a Subaru WRX STi in 2018 because I wanted to polish up my manual skills but that was a big mistake, I sucked at it so bad that I eventually sold it within a month.

I loved the exhaust note mostly when I heard the Shelby GT350 but the fact that it came in a manual only kinda swayed me away. I cannot afford the GT500 so I got the Mach 1 which I love and I love how planted it feels although the exhaust note is not as loud and dramatic as the GT350 was but speaking about power and handling, do you think they're comparable? I know the GT350 has a flat plane crank which is a completely different engine but looking at the torque figures, they are very similar.

I have never driven a car which handles as good as the Mach 1, to be honest, I had a 2018 BMW M4 competition and the car I just owned before the Mach 1 was a 2012 BMW M3 Convertible but they were not as planted and confidence inspiring when taking sharp corners at high speeds as the Mach 1 is.

Your thoughts?
No not at all. To pretend otherwise is a bit insecure. Enjoy what you got. And admire what others have.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I forgot the Daytona Coupe, that was built by Shelby. Great looking race car.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good, I win! :rockon:

FYI: My Mach1 chassis could have been a "Shelby" GT500 if they had put a GT500 build sheet on it at the body or paint shop. I'm not sure at what point they get their first GT500 specific (non-Mustang interchangeable) part? Just sayin'
* pedantic mode on *

When they stamp the number into the sheet metal ?

1659165830102.jpeg

WD :like:
Sponsored