Camaro Watch: Revealed Early

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Jalopnik reports:

• A 2.0-liter turbo four as the base engine with 270 horsepower and 290 lb-ft of torque
  • A 3.6-liter V6 with 330 HP and 275 lb-ft of torque as an option up from that
  • Or the SS with a 6.2-liter LT1 V8 with 440 HP and 450 lb-ft of torque
And here we were worried about a weight reduction. It's going to need every ounce.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Jalopnik reports:

.[/B]
that's all they gonna get out of a 6.2?! so we have 1.2 less and still getting 400hp

Furilic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
Hopefully once I get to see it in person it will grow on my a little. When they revealed the S550 I told my father you couldn't catch me driving that car in 100 years.:headbonk: However, once I saw the mustang is person it amazed me. The only change I want to see is the new interior.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Skin wise it's the same damn car but Jesus that rear end is pure Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Interior is the biggest question to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Wow...this isnt impressive at all to me. The only thing I like are the lower LEDs running along the upper headlight. I wish the Mustang had a more aggressive front lighting signature like an Audi has. Right now, even the tri bar LEDs are hard to tell from a distance...that signature Audi look you can see from a mile away.

Mustang FTW.

BTW, wouldn't be surprised if this was done on purpose by CNBC. They get the marketing, traffic from it.

If you don't want to reveal something then don't give anything to any news outlet or magazine or website till after the official release.

Last edited:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Mustang vs '16 Camaro engine line-up

Camaro makes their 4 cylinder their entry model, while releasing a new V6 engine with 330 HP. The V6 unlike the Mustang will be the mid model and have premium trims.

From Jalopnik:

Our tipster tells us the new, lighter, Alpha platform Camaro gets the following engine options:

• A 2.0-liter turbo four as the base engine with 270 horsepower and 290 lb-ft of torque
  • A 3.6-liter V6 with 330 HP and 275 lb-ft of torque as an option up from that
The first engine makes a lot of sense because it’s the base engine in the Camaro’s platform-mates, the Cadillac ATS and CTS. The familiar 3.6-liter V6 is a carryover from the old Camaro (Update: It’s actually an all-new engine, presumably the one from the upcoming Cadillac CT6)but gets about a 10 HP boost here.

What’s interesting is that, unlike the Mustang, the turbo four is truly the base engine on the Camaro, both in terms of power and price. The Mustang EcoBoost slots below the GT V8 with 310 HP and 320 lb-ft of torque.

The LT1 V8 is new to the Camaro. Previously the car used the LS-series engines. This new one is the same V8 engine used in the Corvette Stingray, and here it represents a 14 HP jump over the old SS.
Coupled with lighter weight, optional magnetic ride and more power, the new Camaro might be more interesting to drive than it is to look at it.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Nice so the EB will poop on their turbo 4 stock and poop on their V6 with a tune :)

The leaked shots look terrible. Now we just need weight numbers

Sponsored

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
So now instead of seeing v6 Slomaros everywhere, there will even be more their slow-a$$ 14s on the road as well. :shrug:

Seeing this reminds me again of why I jumped the GM ship (owned an 87 IROC & 91 z28s) in the early 90s...

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So what about the 450 Lb FT of the LT1 engine that is going to have some serious punch to it unless the Camaro is a pig.. again...

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
What is the point of that 4 cylinder? Is it being sold globally now too?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So what about the 450 Lb FT of the LT1 engine that is going to have some serious punch to it unless the Camaro is a pig.. again...
We have 3 months till the '16. I'm sure Ford has a minor tune for the '16 that could give it 5 more hp and some torque. Remember in the order guide the HP/TQ hasn't been revealed yet.

But in reality, this '16 Camaro won't even hit till Nov/Dec...so really Ford could wait till the '17 to do a engine refresh.

What is the point of that 4 cylinder? Is it being sold globally now too?
CAFE standards and fuel economy and yes, globally sales if they do it.