Bye bye Shelby

Which one?

• Total voters

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well guys, last night I traded in the Shelby. It had almost 16k miles on it and they gave me 50k straight for it and I really couldn't say no. We took the money and bought my dad a 2017 Porsche Panamera, a car he's always wanted and it makes for a good early father's day present. So later this year early next year I'll be purchasing a new car and would like yalls help on it. Right now I have for options. If you think of anything in the $75,000 range please let me know. Thanks everyone!
So you sold your car to buy your dad a $50,000 present? I dont understand:)

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
So you sold your car to buy your dad a $50,000 present? I dont understand:)
Its complicated so hold on. My car has had some issues, got backed into. They offered me top dollar, 50k, for my car. The Panamera was 100k before discounts. I told my dad to use my car as a trade in and buy the damn thing lol. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
To answer some questions. I like the idea of track driving but the time considering the nearest tracks are 3+ hours away and the overall costs would kill me. I have a bike for track riding. I could care less about stats and performance. I'll put it like this, if the car makes me feel special and gives me the fizz on a back road as much as it does in traffic, it's the right car. The 350 did that considering how rare it is in my area. Corvettes, Hellcats and Vipers are out. I like the Vettes but they're way too common. Hellcats aren't my cup of tea although very cool cars and the viper I can't justify. Plus theres 3 in my town and after driving one, its way raw for me. I have a small list I've started currently of stuff in or around my price range. I already have two dealers that'll do sticker on a 2019 GT500. One is where I originally bought my 350 and the other is in my town. I'm first on both dealerships lists.

2018 Shelby GT350
2018 Shelby GT350R
2019 Shelby GT500
2015+ Jaguar F-type V8
2010+ Maserati Graturismo
2010+ Audi R8
2015+ Aston Martin Vantage

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Sounds like the Viper is out....
Those that mentioned the Viper...have you actually driven one ??
I have.
Flat out at Bob Bondurant....they sound like SHIT
I'm thankful that I went and experienced the true Viper experience. But if you value aural driving pleasure, the Viper is bottom totem pole.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Well guys, last night I traded in the Shelby. It had almost 16k miles on it and they gave me 50k straight for it and I really couldn't say no. We took the money and bought my dad a 2017 Porsche Panamera, a car he's always wanted and it makes for a good early father's day present. So later this year early next year I'll be purchasing a new car and would like yalls help on it. Right now I have for options. If you think of anything in the $75,000 range please let me know. Thanks everyone!
you replace a FORD,WITH a FORD.:cheers::lol::ford:

Supercup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Z/28 - Shelby FP350s (future)
W So later this year early next year I'll be purchasing a new car and would like yalls help on it. Right now I have for options. If you think of anything in the $75,000 range please let me know. Thanks everyone!
How will you use the car and what are the key features you are looking for? That will make a difference on your list!

I saw you post on how you will use and now the one below on DD being part of the mixGiven how you will use it, limited track and what your are looking for my list would be:

2018 GT350 R - I would get this over the 500
2019 GT500 - since you can get at MSRP and its the next great thing from Ford
2016 GT4
2016 Boxter Spyder
2015-16 911 GTS

The GT 500 will have lots of power and have many great qualities, but will lose some of the greatness of the R with supercharger over NA motor. I would get the R over the 500. If you want a car that will be fun to drive and leave a smile on your face every time, then R also fits the bill. If you want to move to something new the Porsche GT4 is the most fun car and Porsche I have ever owned. If you like a vert, then you get most of the goodness of the GT4 in the Spyder and an unmatched feeling when driving it, for the street I prefer the Spyder over the GT4. The R, the GT4 and the Spyder are all "cult" cars, with huge followings and loads of happy owners. Then there is the 991.1 911 GTS - still a bit outside the budget, but for a combo daily driver and fun car on weekends this is a really great option as well. None will disappoint.

If you want new for the pricing you mention the R is the best car you can buy, bar none, for that kind of money. I am not a Ford brand loyal guy either, only owned a few Ford Diesel trucks and a Raptor over the years. But I have a buddy who has an R and I tried to get one last year but ADM's in So.Cal were stupid - so I ended up buying a new Z/28 at $25k off MSRP, instead of an R for $25k over MSRP - R is better overall car, but Z was a bargain for $53k brand new and a fun and bullet proof track car.

Fun to go look at all the great options out there and see what makes sense for you. GLW your seach and drive everything you can before you buy, you never know what will be the one!

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
How will you use the car and what are the key features you are looking for? That will make a difference on your list!
Weekend/daily something comfy and fun to drive not just balls out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

montreal ponies