Buying a GT350 or 24'GT-DH

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
I personally would rule out a 16 gt350 for the known engine issues. The coyote is just a better engine in terms of reliability especially vs the early 5.2s. However the gt350 will likely hold its value better. If you can find a used GT500 for not too much more than a DH then I would jump on that.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes, however a Mach 1 or DH arenā€™t a GT350, and euro versions are cut in Hp and no Torsen.
And then there's that.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
No, I was taking it as a broken record because you keep repeating the same thing but have never owned one. Too many people parroting what someone else said with zero experience.

If you need to parrot this to make you feel better about your own choices, then ??
You assume alot .

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
What are the prices on the 24 DH in Europe anyway? A loaded one in the USA is almost 80K. In Canada it is almost 90K. I can't imagine they are any cheaper in Europe.

For that kind of money can you not find a newer GT350 without all these issues?
At the moment are not prices for 24ā€™ Mustang in Europe. The one issue is the paint corrosion in the hood.

I personally would rule out a 16 gt350 for the known engine issues. The coyote is just a better engine in terms of reliability especially vs the early 5.2s. However the gt350 will likely hold its value better. If you can find a used GT500 for not too much more than a DH then I would jump on that.
GT 500 is over 100k here.

Others GT350 are 75k and more (actually you can find very few of them).Now the seller is talking to a workshop to see the solutions.

Last edited:

T7TheLama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
To the OP - regardless of any opinion about a specific model. I would never buy a late model car in a country where it was not originally available or didn't have a solid dealer network to service them. Even US Ford dealers are questionable, at best. Buy a new car - if t's the DH or some other variant that you can get over there, that's the one to get.
There are certain shops at least in Germany and Austria that speciallize in us imports and know the car in and out. In my case itā€™s Peicher US Cars. Never had a problem with parts they just take a lot longer to ship and obv no warranty. Op just needs to find an equivalent in spain.(:

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
At the moment are not prices for 24ā€™ Mustang in Europe. The one issue is the paint corrosion in the hood.

GT 500 is over 100k here.

Others GT350 are 75k and more (actually you can find very few of them).Now the seller is talking to a workshop to see the solutions.
Can you buy here and import it? Or use a company to do it? Itā€™s a little different but Iā€™ve wanted to import an R32 from Japan for a long time.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
GT trolls in a GT350 forum bashing us and our carsā€¦ this happens a lot.
I searched with no success to find GT350 owners bashing their GTā€™sā€¦. no luck!
As a wise man once said. Tactā€¦ get some.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
GT trolls in a GT350 forum bashing us and our carsā€¦ this happens a lot.
I searched with no success to find GT350 owners bashing their GTā€™sā€¦. no luck!
As a wise man once said. Tactā€¦ get some.
Why, though?! It's incredible, really. I just want to be left alone with my shitily engineered time bomb. Let me blow up in peace, PLEASE! What kind of human seems excited to spend their time reminding me about how regretful I actually am for buying this particular car?
1691709105525.png

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
A twat waffle, thatā€™s the consensus. Iā€™m hoping mine just starts and gets me to cars and coffee this saturday. Probably self destruct on the way home though. :captain:

Why, though?! It's incredible, really. I just want to be left alone with my shitily engineered time bomb. Let me blow up in peace, PLEASE! What kind of human seems excited to spend their time reminding me about how regretful I actually am for buying this particular car?
1691709105525.png

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
A twat waffle, thatā€™s the consensus. Iā€™m hoping mine just starts and gets me to cars and coffee this saturday. Probably self destruct on the way home though. :captain:
You forgot to insert the Twat Waffle Disclaimerā€¦. We have rules around here you knowā€¦!!!!

Sponsored

Spodie5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
2016 GT 350 here with 37K miles and zero issues. I traded in a 21 GT, which was a great car, but the Shelby is just different. I really can't explain it, but it's intoxicating to drive. I will keep the car until they put me in the ground. The DH is an unknown at this point, but I can guarantee you the 350 will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
All of the cars mentioned above failed on track, not on the street. They were also very heavily tracked (20+ days per year).
Iā€™m curious to know how many Coyote based cars are tracked where you run. In other words, are you seeing track car failures where thereā€™s a concentration of voodoo motors?

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
Can you buy here and import it? Or use a company to do it? Itā€™s a little different but Iā€™ve wanted to import an R32 from Japan for a long time.
This car is in Spain now. you can buy there but you have to pay transport, taxes (around 30% selling price) and homologation. Of course you can use a company, although they will want a profit.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Iā€™m curious to know how many Coyote based cars are tracked where you run. In other words, are you seeing track car failures where thereā€™s a concentration of voodoo motors?
Tons. Any given day there are 15-20 Coyote-based cars with 5-7 of them being Voodoos. All of the Voodoos except one has had two motors. One has had three and another is on their third trans. I've seen two gen 1 Coyotes and a gen 2 Coyote let go in that time.

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
Tons. Any given day there are 15-20 Coyote-based cars with 5-7 of them being Voodoos. All of the Voodoos except one has had two motors. One has had three and another is on their third trans. I've seen two gen 1 Coyotes and a gen 2 Coyote let go in that time.
Have you had problems with your 350?
Sponsored