Sponsored

Buying a 350 this Monday

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
There is something wrong with how Ford does it if corrosion happens like that. My 16 year old Infiniti has an aluminum hood and trunk lid and there has never been a spot of corrosion.
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
There is something wrong with how Ford does it if corrosion happens like that. My 16 year old Infiniti has an aluminum hood and trunk lid and there has never been a spot of corrosion.
Agree absolutely. I came from Nissans also before I got my PP2 and I had 3rd gen Altima SE-R, those 3rd gen cars had aluminum hoods and trunk lids (only cars in their class to have this as a weight-saving measure), dating back to the first release of this gen, in 2002.

None of those cars ever had these sorts of galvanic or otherwise corrosion issues with their aluminum panels like how Ford does, to this day.

I was just on another thread discussing this very topic with other members about finding spots of corrosion on the fender, near the 5.0 emblem.

Ford's TSB that's out for this issue covers cars from, IIRC, 2000, all the way to 2020. Unbelievable.

Buying a non-Shelby model and having these issues is one thing; but imagine paying the associated cost for the GT350, but have the same issues, because the cars come from the same plant. I'd be incensed, too.

OP - Congrats with the purchase and hope you get those corrosion areas fixed!

Attachments

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
One has to wonder if Ford will ever get quality control up to a top tier standing worthy of being proud of. Too many persistent and long standing issues.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I would message @Zach@Granger about the ESP ford warranty. They are only selling them at $50 over cost and there are tons of different year/mileage plans based on what you plan on doing with the car. Definitely get in touch with him if youā€™re going Ford which I recommend. Transferable and will add value to the vehicle.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I would message @Zach@Granger about the ESP ford warranty. They are only selling them at $50 over cost and there are tons of different year/mileage plans based on what you plan on doing with the car. Definitely get in touch with him if youā€™re going Ford which I recommend. Transferable and will add value to the vehicle.
I appreciate the shout out.

Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
I appreciate the shout out.
hi Zach.

as someone who hates to read, lives in the desert where rust/corrosion barely exist, drives about 500mi/yr, and has a 3/36 expiring in May...

the obvious fear is losing the engine; but with a 2019 that doesn't even know where the track is, let alone how to go around it, my engine risk should be significantly reduced.

so, while acknowledging the selling bullet of "has transferrable ESP", the questions i have are;
- First, what's my drop-dead date for purchasing ESP?
- Second, what does it buy me that the 5/60 powertrain doesn't?

now, if it comes with 5 free oil changes.. then you'd have me at hello. :bandit:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
hi Zach.

as someone who hates to read, lives in the desert where rust/corrosion barely exist, drives about 500mi/yr, and has a 3/36 expiring in May...

the obvious fear is losing the engine; but with a 2019 that doesn't even know where the track is, let alone how to go around it, my engine risk should be significantly reduced.

so, while acknowledging the selling bullet of "has transferrable ESP", the questions i have are;

now, if it comes with 5 free oil changes.. then you'd have me at hello. :bandit:
This is the brochure for the PremiumCare option

https://www.floodfordesp.com/pdf/PremiumCARE_Ford_ESP.pdf

sagonzal2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
+1 on Lombard Ford extended warranty. You can even pay for it over 12 months with zero interest. I bought the extended warranty on my F150 and Explorer as well as my GT350. Super nice people.
Will it cover corrosion wit the extended warranty too? Thanks!

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
hi Zach.

In your case, if you are just worried about the expense of the engine. I would consider the powertrain coverage as the most cost-effective option. You can see the details on what is covered here. This option would give you peace-of mind and effectively extend that powertrain coverage for longer. You have up to 5,000 miles or 5 months after the expiration of the 3/36k coverage to get the powertrain coverage from us. With that being said, there is a surcharge for vehicles above 36 months or 36,000 miles that makes it more expensive.

At $50 over cost, you have to pay for the oil changes. :)

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
In your case, if you are just worried about the expense of the engine. I would consider the powertrain coverage as the most cost-effective option. You can see the details on what is covered here. This option would give you peace-of mind and effectively extend that powertrain coverage for longer. You have up to 5,000 miles or 5 months after the expiration of the 3/36k coverage to get the powertrain coverage from us. With that being said, there is a surcharge for vehicles above 36 months or 36,000 miles that makes it more expensive.

At $50 over cost, you have to pay for the oil changes. :)
It doesn't get more fair that that folks. :like:

theshawnc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Agree absolutely. I came from Nissans also before I got my PP2 and I had 3rd gen Altima SE-R, those 3rd gen cars had aluminum hoods and trunk lids (only cars in their class to have this as a weight-saving measure), dating back to the first release of this gen, in 2002.

None of those cars ever had these sorts of galvanic or otherwise corrosion issues with their aluminum panels like how Ford does, to this day.

I was just on another thread discussing this very topic with other members about finding spots of corrosion on the fender, near the 5.0 emblem.

Ford's TSB that's out for this issue covers cars from, IIRC, 2000, all the way to 2020. Unbelievable.

Buying a non-Shelby model and having these issues is one thing; but imagine paying the associated cost for the GT350, but have the same issues, because the cars come from the same plant. I'd be incensed, too.

OP - Congrats with the purchase and hope you get those corrosion areas fixed!
Does that TSB only apply to vehicles within warranty, or will Ford cover the corroded panel replacement after warranty expires? My mother's 2014 Mustang has the hood corrosion.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Does that TSB only apply to vehicles within warranty, or will Ford cover the corroded panel replacement after warranty expires? My mother's 2014 Mustang has the hood corrosion.
My understanding is that TSB applies to vehicles in and out of warranty (the most updated version covers vehicles from 2000-2020).

It's just if your vehicle is out of the corrosion warranty, it will be an out of pocket fix. Because if a fix is to be covered, it will be within the corrosion warranty.

(TSBs are obviously different from Recall campaigns, which are safety-related fixes where all costs are covered; Also obviously, TSBs on the other hand, document the fact that the OEM has identified an approved fix they want to communicate to dealers, for a specific issue)
Sponsored