Busted front headlight need advice

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I drive a 2019 Ford mustang GT. Does anybody recommend were I should buy the head light from.thanks everyone
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Levittown Ford Parts has good reviews.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
The actual headlight housing?

car-part dot com, is a junkyard database, parts geek, ebay

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hit up eBay too... lots of S550 headlights, some far less than dealer or vendor cost. Just make sure seller guarantees it's a working unit or has some type of return policy in the event it's not working.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I appreciate everyone's input. The light itself still works, I just don't have the plastic around it. Something came up off the road and shattered it

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Unfortunately, these are (usually) not inexpensive. Any chance this kind of damage is covered by your insurance policy? Not sure it'd be worth making a claim over 🤔

You could try to get a used assembly "for parts" and just replace the broken lens, probably have to reseal everything (I'm not sure what goes into that repair, maybe there's a thread on it here), OR if you don't want to mess with the repair, buy a whole new assembly. You might be able to find an aftermarket "OEM Style" (of questionable quality?) replacement for less.

Edit: as Cobra Jet mentioned eBay might be a good source too

OP
OP
Rilla

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Unfortunately, these are not inexpensive. Any chance this kind of damage is covered by your insurance policy? Not sure it'd be worth making a claim over 🤔

You could try to get a used assembly "for parts" and just replace the broken lens, probably have to reseal everything (I'm not sure what goes into that repair, maybe there's a thread on it here), OR if you don't want to mess with the repair, buy a whole new assembly. You might be able to find an aftermarket "OEM Style" (of questionable quality?) replacement for less.
I'm going to have one of my guys look at it. He thinks he can fix it but I'm just having a hard time finding good front tail light. OEM I believe is around 800 bucks for one light

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I'm just having a hard time finding good front tail light.
I bet you are. :giggle:

Ford Parts Direct and Tasca have been OK for me.

That said - do you have have Ford reward points from the purchase of your car? If so, that might cover the entire bill.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
should be covered on your comprehensive coverage. low deductable, and no fault ??

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Unfortunately, these are (usually) not inexpensive. Any chance this kind of damage is covered by your insurance policy? Not sure it'd be worth making a claim over 🤔

Edit: as Cobra Jet mentioned eBay might be a good source too
I replaced the headlight assy on my Honda and although I usually go with OEM the price difference between that and aftermarket was so great I went with one that had many good reviews. They are "ok", the light pattern is not as good as OEM and one of the metal brackets did not fit so I re-used the OEM one. For my Mustang it will be nothing but Ford parts. :)