Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hi everyone,

So this is my first manual car, ive driven 3 other manuals before and am familiar with the smell of clutch burning on other cars (never had that similar smell from my car) but I have a quick questions.

Every time I open the car up to like 5500 or higher rpm i get a smell in my cabin that smells kinda like burnt popcorn. Is this my clutch or is that just the smell of 5.0 Liters of displaced freedom? It dosent smell like clutch but Idk if thats just how smelly the v8s are in the cabin.

I have a borla atak and CAI no tune on the car if that changes anything.

Cheers and thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2017 GT and if I run it hard when not fully warm it smells like rotten eggs when I stop. Either keep driving a bit to fully warm it up, or I ease off the heavy pedal until FULLY warm.

SiddVicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
One thing I've noticed is it i put 87 octane gas in the car and hit sport+ mode the catalytic converter turns into a giant rotten egg almost immediately...If i run 91 octane gas the rotten egg smell only happens if I'm going WOT or close to WOT.

DogNPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Royal Crimson, 2019 Bolt EV LT
I haven't noticed it with my car (probably because I rarely get the chance to rev it past 5K), but I often get a whiff of ammonia smell from other vehicles around me, especially when they're heavy on the loud pedal. It may be due to the particular gasoline blend we have here in my neck of the woods. It smells just like when farmers are applying anhydrous ammonia to their fields.
Sponsored