Sponsored

Bullitt winter prep?

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hoping to get a Bullitt within the next few months but given fall is fast approaching it got me thinking about how I'd use it in the colder months. Being in the mid-Atlantic we don't get snow all the time but it does happen so I'm interested to hear what others will be doing this winter if used as a daily driver. I dont plan to drive in the snow and I can car pool with the Mrs. for 3 months but it seems like vinyl paint protection and winter rims/tires should be on the menu first. Anyone (Canadians) thought about it yet?
Sponsored

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Hoping to get a Bullitt within the next few months but given fall is fast approaching it got me thinking about how I'd use it in the colder months. Being in the mid-Atlantic we don't get snow all the time but it does happen so I'm interested to hear what others will be doing this winter if used as a daily driver. I dont plan to drive in the snow and I can car pool with the Mrs. for 3 months but it seems like vinyl paint protection and winter rims/tires should be on the menu first. Anyone (Canadians) thought about it yet?
Not sure I can help much - but "down under" in Sydney our winter prep is to wind the windows up.. ..

OP
OP
Soton

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Not sure I can help much - but "down under" in Sydney our winter prep is to wind the windows up.. ..
There are the Australian Alps so perhaps the Victorians do a bit of it? I drove a Falcon through out SA and VIC and I think I'd rather take my chances in snow with the Bullitt than drive through parts of Australia with out a roo bar again :whew:.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Snow tires and rims. I don't generally drive the GT350 through deep snow, but in the winter months I like to have a tire that stays soft in the cold on the car. I have xpel on the front of the car as well. I think it does help slow down the rate of wear on the paint. I also got a ctek charger, because sometimes it will sit for a few weeks at a time.

OP
OP
Soton

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Snow tires and rims. I don't generally drive the GT350 through deep snow, but in the winter months I like to have a tire that stays soft in the cold on the car. I have xpel on the front of the car as well. I think it does help slow down the rate of wear on the paint. I also got a ctek charger, because sometimes it will sit for a few weeks at a time.
This would be my first car in a long time where I've had to consciously change tires/rims for the season. Did you find a sensible (cheaper) way to do it like used rims? Did you get XPEL on the entire hood?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This would be my first car in a long time where I've had to consciously change tires/rims for the season. Did you find a sensible (cheaper) way to do it like used rims? Did you get XPEL on the entire hood?
I bought some relatively inexpensive MMD Axim 19 inch rims that I was able to use my existing snow tires from my previous Mustang on. I forget if they are 8 or 9 inch rims. I tried my old rims from my 2011 Brembo brake car, but they didn't fit over the GT350's front calipers. Unfortunately the Axim rims that I bought were discontinued shortly after. I would look at snow tire prices as well as rim prices to make the decision. I don't see any reason to put wide snow tires on the car. Both the tires and rims will be more expensive and I don't think the grip will be that much better. In fact I think it's better to have somewhat narrower tires on the car if you ever end up driving through snow.

I got the Xpel on the front half of the hood, but I wish I had covered the entire hood. The problem is that wax/sealant tends to stick to the edge of the Xpel and make a line. I apply tape to the edge of the Xpel when I apply sealant, but I still have a problem with a visible line.
Sponsored