Winter wheels that fit our Bullitt's

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Depends on how you were driving - 255s make your gearing shorter so for highway driving they absolutely do make fuel economy worse.
Actually, my current (summer) ones were worse so far. I've been tracking my mileage for about a month on identical trips. Of course it all depends on how you drive, etc., but so far I've been getting 20.5mpg -ish with winters, this morning I didn't even break 19 on the summers.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Actually, my current (summer) ones were worse so far. I've been tracking my mileage for about a month on identical trips. Of course it all depends on how you drive, etc., but so far I've been getting 20.5mpg -ish with winters, this morning I didn't even break 19 on the summers.
Odd - 255 will be running higher RPM in 6th (or any) gear vs. 275 running the same speed. Note that speedo is off because of that, so it has to be real speed, not indicated by speedo.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Odd - 255 will be running higher RPM in 6th (or any) gear vs. 275 running the same speed. Note that speedo is off because of that, so it has to be real speed, not indicated by speedo.
Right, yeah, I noticed my speedo being about 3mph higher than actual speeds. I've done about dozen trips with various routes on winters, am planning to do the same on the summers.

The logic checks out for you, I'm not arguing that. :)

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Right, yeah, I noticed my speedo being about 3mph higher than actual speeds. I've done about dozen trips with various routes on winters, am planning to do the same on the summers.

The logic checks out for you, I'm not arguing that. :)
Right foot under dry conditions vs right foot under wet and slippery conditions perhaps?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Right foot under dry conditions vs right foot under wet and slippery conditions perhaps?
You'd think that. :)
Actually, not necessarily. We did get a lot of snow in OH this year, but I'm comparing these on clear roads and suitable weather. The tires by the way held up beautifully.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Depends on how you were driving - 255s make your gearing shorter so for highway driving they absolutely do make fuel economy worse.
Also have to factor in the rolling resistance of the different rubber types, any PSI differences hes using, and the possibly much lower weight of the wheel depending on what rims he's using in Winter.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Also have to factor in the rolling resistance of the different rubber types, any PSI differences hes using, and the possibly much lower weight of the wheel depending on what rims he's using in Winter.
For sure there's plenty of variables to try to control, which is virtually impossible. I did keep the winters little higher psi, had lot more thread than my stock summers, were slightly lighter. Lots to consider
Sponsored