chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a factory 2018 mustang GT air box and tube work on our Bullitts? I want to go to closed box, probably the steeda, but it uses the bottom half of the stock closed airbox which we don't have.
Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Once you close the hood our airbox is basically closed.
Yep. Any bugs and whatnot you are findinf are likely from the intake duct itself.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not worried about bugs and such, just lower iat’s and more air flow
Youre not limited airflow any. You're more limited by the MAF and Throttlebody, which is bigger than the GT's so likely wont fit the Steeda intake anyway. You're also not pulling anyplace near enough air to max either out. Even a GT350 doesn't with its larger displacement and higher RPM.

IAT's quickly drop once you're moving so it only affects off the line temps, which isn't enough to really matter unless your doing competitive drag racing. Even then you're only going to see a few degrees improvement. You're already getting most your air from the vent on the hood and the scoop that leads to the grill. Not worth the few hundred for another enclosure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Than
Youre not limited airflow any. You're more limited by the MAF and Throttlebody, which is bigger than the GT's so likely wont fit the Steeda intake anyway. You're also not pulling anyplace near enough air to max either out. Even a GT350 doesn't with its larger displacement and higher RPM.

IAT's quickly drop once you're moving so it only affects off the line temps, which isn't enough to really matter unless your doing competitive drag racing. Even then you're only going to see a few degrees improvement. You're already getting most your air from the vent on the hood and the scoop that leads to the grill. Not worth the few hundred for another enclosure.
Thank you so much that, I really appreciate it. My goal is to get as close to 500 rwhp NA as I can with e85 and a tune. I know that will have to be long tubes as well but I’ll look at that last.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Than

Thank you so much that, I really appreciate it. My goal is to get as close to 500 rwhp NA as I can with e85 and a tune. I know that will have to be long tubes as well but I’ll look at that last.
Easy way is midpipe, headers, tune, that will put you very close. If air is right you'll get right at 500 with a good tune. e85 will put you over 500. One guys already has hit 500 with 93oct dyno tune/midpipe/headers I believe.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Easy way is midpipe, headers, tune, that will put you very close. If air is right you'll get right at 500 with a good tune. e85 will put you over 500. One guys already has hit 500 with 93oct dyno tune/midpipe/headers I believe.
Yep:

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
it will be a while, but when I start shopping headers, should I be looking at 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 for street use? Also, which header is better fitting (clearance) than others?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
it will be a while, but when I start shopping headers, should I be looking at 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 for street use? Also, which header is better fitting (clearance) than others?
Probably better to ask in the regular GT sections for that as you'll get more replies.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The following is based on personal research across the interweb so...

The popular school of thought is that you only ho larger if you are doing forced induction, but the coyote has solid brains so it does not matter. If you are planning to keep it na for ever you cam save some cash by going smaller. If you ever plan on upgrading to fi, the larger ones would serve your build better.

As for fitment... both will be tight, but manageble. The room you save going with the small one should not be very noticible.

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Sorry to bump this up but I have an aFe magnum closed intake that I really liked on my GT. I believe it might be related to this but I have had a hard time trying to sell it and its sort of pointless as its brand new. I have been contemplating on installing it on the Bullitt as I would only need to find a larger silicone hose from the pipe to the throttle body. Will you guys foresee any issues that it can cause? Tune wise? Reason why I am asking is that some intakes need tunes like JLT.

OP
OP
chesster51

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bump this up but I have an aFe magnum closed intake that I really liked on my GT. I believe it might be related to this but I have had a hard time trying to sell it and its sort of pointless as its brand new. I have been contemplating on installing it on the Bullitt as I would only need to find a larger silicone hose from the pipe to the throttle body. Will you guys foresee any issues that it can cause? Tune wise? Reason why I am asking is that some intakes need tunes like JLT.
If the tube is a larger diameter, or smaller for that matter, it will require tuning.

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
If the tube is a larger diameter, or smaller for that matter, it will require tuning.
For the GT it didnt require tuning so its a stock GT airbox diameter. How much different it is from the Bullitt I am not sure.
Sponsored