OP
OP

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger Hellcat - Tored
NICE!! Where at in Iowa are you?? Mine doesn't come until February/march :-(
Thanks, I am glad the car came yesterday, since the weather has turned to crap today.

I am hoping for some decent driving weather before winter really sets in, otherwise, even though I have the car, it will be sitting in the garage until you get yours, which in the end is almost the same thing as waiting for it all over again.

Good luck you are going to love it......Steve
Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nice, what is next driving on the speedway :D. Have you seen blue 2012 boss 302 running around town there

OP
OP

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, what is next driving on the speedway :D. Have you seen blue 2012 boss 302 running around town there
I am looking forward to autox season and they do HPDE at the speedway so yes. I do not remember seeing a blue 302 around here.......Steve

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
depends on what you want. The dry grip was only on par with the other max performance tires when released. They were amazing because they didn't murder you in the wet like the other tires, and they lasted like a much less aggressive tire. Even then you could get faster in the dry tires, but that whole deal with finding yourself upside down in the ditch if a cloud popped over the horizon wasn't that popular an idea for a real street tire.

Today I'd say its still by far the best street tire for a performance car, only reservation being that there is reports that Ford had a tread pattern and compound changed for even more wet performance.
I'm not sure about that... The tire is bespoke for the GT350 and was designed during extensive dry track testing so i'm sure its quite a bit better than an off the shelf PSS, which is already probably the best street tire in terms of wet grip, dry grip, low noise, and longevity of any tire on the market.

Sponsored

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
Badass video....but what's with the new Camaro ad banners? lol

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Well done. Only way to do it imo

350Gen6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
I see you have a Challenger HellCat. How does the GT350 compair ?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
This is the Ford Warranty Department ... what is your VIN? :)

Sponsored

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
What HPDE takes place at the speedway? I'm located on Iowa's east coast (Bettendorf) and I've been taking my '13 Boss 302 to Autobahn every June and August with MVP Track Time. My Magnetic Track Pack is scheduled to be built the week of January 4th. Looking forward to tracking it this summer! Awesome video...I'll be breaking mine in a little differently though!
I am looking forward to autox season and they do HPDE at the speedway so yes. I do not remember seeing a blue 302 around here.......Steve

Marcos_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos Abruna
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Oxford White
Is that the stock exhaust? It sounds eargasmic.

Edit: Nvm... I see it has 5 miles. Must be stock. Love it!

OP
OP

needspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you have a Challenger HellCat. How does the GT350 compair ?
They are so different in character. The Hellcat is a really great highway cruiser with hug power and weight. It drives very well and is large and comfortable and when you get on it it goes.

It handles well for being so heavy, but does not compare to the GT350 as a track car except if you are doing 1/4 miles.

The GT350 is remarkable in that based on the mode you are in it is very good for cruising but put it in sport or track and it is off the hook good.

The sound of the stock exhaust (video is stock) in sport mode is truly intoxicating only eclipsed by my F430.

You live for the motor, it is so well done and you can feel how special it is as you can just keep on going all the way up well beyond what most people are used to. The fun is in the higher RPM range. It is fast and so planted.

The Ferrari motor is still better, as it revs even faster to red line then the GT350 and the sound cannot be compared.

The GT350 is a truly spectacular car and anyone who gets one is truly privileged.

I know I am........Steve
Sponsored