Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Check out pics on my Instagram profile [MENTION=8514]Texas[/MENTION]_yote

Here is an abbreviated installation video of Braum's Elite Style racing seats. This is into a Premium Pack 2015 Mustang GT. The focus is on making it as clean as possible with no dash lights.

www.BraumRacing.com

Install process is pretty universal even if you do go with another seat.

[ame]

***Not in the video:

- I ended up sliding the bladder all the way back to the rear of the seat to avoid pinching the line or puncturing it when sliding the seat back.

- I attached the brackets and sliders prior to the video. The sliders use the 12mm socket. Its easy and not worth documenting.

- The tab on the seat belt buckle can be pounded flat, cut of or rotated forward to fit. I just rotated it forward.

- If you have power seats, make sure the seat is slightly forward before removing. This will make it easier to remove the position sensor on the seat rail.

- There is very little room on the front of the seat between the frame and the floor. If you run the harness up front keep it from bulking by taping the various plugs to the main harness. On the passengers side this will be difficult as the bladder plug will need to be protected. On that side I kept the harness away from the front and zip tied it to the rear and side frame rails.

- Adjust the seat on the frame so the seat is positioned as far away from the seat belt as possible. It may rub on the center console if you do not. You can pause the video and see where I have the seat positioned on the frame; just shift and tighten so the seat is positioned away from where the center console.

- I am making a cross bar to attach the harness to that will be centrally located. This will make things much cleaner underneath.

Tools:
2x 2ohm 1 watt resistors
12mm socket
T50 Torx
T15 Torx
5mm Allen Wrench
3/8 Ratchet
Various Pliers and Snips
Solder and Solder Iron
Shrink wrap
Electrical Tape (to make the harness a little neater)
Flat head screw drivers
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Here are a few pics of them installed...
IMG_4006.jpg
IMG_4051.JPG
IMG_4057.JPG

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Man those look great. How do they feel?
Thanks!

They hug you for sure, I am 6'1" 200lbs and they fit fine. The materials are great and the carbon fiber look to the back is pretty sweet. Time will tell how they hold up. But this is not my daily so I am not sure if i will be the best person to test longevity. Only 11k in two years on the car.

The seat bottom is a bit flat if that makes sense; like angled flat. I like a bit of support under my knees but most race seats don't provide this. But that is a personal preference thing. To fix it I am going to have maybe an inch spacer for the front brackets built to tilt the front of the seat upwards. Easy fix to personalize the seat :)

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I would love these seats with the white trim, so nice.

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
good job on the video, they are a great looking seat!

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6AT (Shadow Black)
I will update on longevity concerns. Mine will be seeing a lot of use.

Anyone ordering, I would contact Braum and see if they'll ship the sliders separately from the seats. Every set I've seen so far has had small dents in whichever seat gets put upside down in the box from the sliders hitting the bolsters during shipping. The dents in mine looked really bad when I first took them out of the box, but they slowly disappeared.

Also, be mindful of buttons on the side of jeans or anything like that. It's easy to mark up the seats getting in. Shouldn't be anything new to anyone coming from a GT Premium. The bolsters on these just stick out a bit more.
IMG_0959.jpg

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Looking at clean looking OEM seat belt guides to keep the seat belt off my neck and keep the belt from fraying the stitching on the shoulders of the seats.

If anybody has a better thought about it, I'm open to it.

These are just an example from a Hyundai Veloster manual I found looking on Google.
page.h27.jpg

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Man those look great. How do they feel?
I've driven extremely long distances for shows across the country with our Braum Racing Seats installed (well over 10,000+ miles) and I must say they are incredibly comfortable. Especially when coming from the base seats, these are a cost-effective and comfortable upgrade.

I also love the lower seat position and height, thanks to the Planted seat brackets we used.

Nick C.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looking at clean looking OEM seat belt guides to keep the seat belt off my neck and keep the belt from fraying the stitching on the shoulders of the seats.

If anybody has a better thought about it, I'm open to it.

These are just an example from a Hyundai Veloster manual I found looking on Google.

My Genesis Coupe had guides just like that and I really liked them.

Im also interested in a solution for the belt.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Got my drivers side Braum installed, I really wanted a much firmer seat than my factory PP and this seat is the exact feel I was looking for and yes it also sits lower but Im 6ft so no issue.

I machined and installed some 1/4 spacers up front to gain a little bit more seat angle since its flatter than the stock seat.

The only negative I Have noticed is under straight line power runs the seat will flex more than my stock seat did.

I have not yet installed air bag resistors or covered up the visible sheet metal.
20170228_164917.jpg

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
My Genesis Coupe had guides just like that and I really liked them.

Im also interested in a solution for the belt.
http://koreanautoimports.com/genesis-coupe-seat-belt-holder-extender-bracket/

This looks like it, going to try and find a cheaper alternative first before I order these. Considering I'm not even sure they'll work yet for what I want to do. Might go find a genesis Coupe with them on a lot around here and see it in person and get an idea if it's something that can be fitted over.

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to assume te 370Z/Genesis/Veloster seatbelt guides can all just bolt behind the normal mount. I just want to see them in person to confirm there's nothing special going on behind there.
Sponsored