2016 Mustang GT

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6AT (Shadow Black)
Yup I would for shure install these in mine if they fit.
I just ordered two. I have no idea how long it's going to take to get them, but il be glad to experiment.

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I just ordered two. I have no idea how long it's going to take to get them, but il be glad to experiment.
let us know, not a big fan of how the seatbelt sits on my neck and im 6'1. I would hate to be shorter and have the seatbelt over my face :)

I may take apart the seatbelt and route it through the harness hole as i really do not want to wear my 5 points driving around the streets.

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Here is my imperfect temporary fix for the seat belt until I get something better figured out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004HMBK5G/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been using these for over a week now. They help. You clip them onto the lap section of the belt one time, and whenever you put your seat belt on, just hook the upper strap into it and slide it to adjust.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Finished up my braum installation, A 2ohm 1watt resistor handled air bag light and I used my factory passenger side floor mat underneath the planted bracket to cover up the visible body.
20170304_114351.jpg

Sponsored

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
Will the airbag system still work with out the "weight" sensors? Also are you guys concerned at all about safety?

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Will the airbag system still work with out the "weight" sensors? Also are you guys concerned at all about safety?
I am using the weight sensor still on the passenger side. That is the bladder I speak to in the video. There is no weight sensor on the drivers side.

The one issue is the seat position sensor. That is now static so a potential safety issue there. Also, airbag systems are not dependent upon each other. As in even if there is an airbag light for side impact, the fronts will still deploy in an accident. At least that is what I have read so far.

Outside of the seat position sensor all other systems are working perfectly including weight.

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
I am using the weight sensor still on the passenger side. That is the bladder I speak to in the video. There is no weight sensor on the drivers side.

The one issue is the seat position sensor. That is now static so a potential safety issue there. Also, airbag systems are not dependent upon each other. As in even if there is an airbag light for side impact, the fronts will still deploy in an accident. At least that is what I have read so far.

Outside of the seat position sensor all other systems are working perfectly including weight.
As far as the seat position sensor goes, I just would make sure if any kids are for any reason in the passenger seat, have them sit as far back as possible. That should be the case anyways. There should be no deployment speed in its range that would cause injury beyond what it otherwise could in the OEM setup.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've been told dealer won't inspect car if all original safety equipment is not intact.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
I've been told dealer won't insect car if all original safety equipment is not intact.
I am so far past ever being able to take it to a dealer that is not even applicable to me :)

As for state inspection, I have that taken care of....

Sponsored
OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
As far as the seat position sensor goes, I just would make sure if any kids are for any reason in the passenger seat, have them sit as far back as possible. That should be the case anyways. There should be no deployment speed in its range that would cause injury beyond what it otherwise could in the OEM setup.

Yeah, lucky for me the kids are pretty much grown up :)

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys decided to run my belt thru seat with great results so far.

Previously belt rubbed my neck and made noise were it rubbed seat.
20170501_185302.jpg

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
The Genesis seat belt guides I was going to try never shipped. Waited like a month and a half and ended up filing complaint and getting refund through PayPal.

Whenever I find the motivation to push for a fix again, il probably see if I can get the 370Z/GT-R guides and try and mount them.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Genesis seat belt guides I was going to try never shipped. Waited like a month and a half and ended up filing complaint and getting refund through PayPal.

Whenever I find the motivation to push for a fix again, il probably see if I can get the 370Z/GT-R guides and try and mount them.
Sorry to hear bout that but nice that paypal made good on it.

The noise from belt rubbing the seat cover bothered me more than belt touching me neck but all is good now also belt is easier to reach.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For anyone interested in running there belt the way I did here are pictures of the panels that need to be removed and I also added locations of all the clips and some directions.
rsz_2017-05-02_203944.jpg
rsz_20170502_212314.jpg
rsz_2017-05-02_220351.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: