Sponsored

Braum seats

jdlufkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
The only thread we have on braum seats is back in November and it got a few replies.

Is anybody running these seats on their mustang? I'm thinking about getting H then this spring. Wondering how comfy they are and quality, etc.

Also wondering about airbags, I've heard that the airbag light won't turn off unless you plug some resistor in?
Sponsored

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6AT (Shadow Black)
The only thread we have on braum seats is back in November and it got a few replies.

Is anybody running these seats on their mustang? I'm thinking about getting H then this spring. Wondering how comfy they are and quality, etc.

Also wondering about airbags, I've heard that the airbag light won't turn off unless you plug some resistor in?
In the process of installing mine. I will let you know. And yes to the resistor, you'll need that.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
saw them at mustang week. awesome seats...but no side air bags... no thanks. i got kids. I need protection lol.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
None of the aftermarket seats have side airbags. Neither does 90% of the cars out there in the early 2000's.

I saw this seats installed on a friends friend in a 370z. Awesome seats IMO and $800 for a pair that comes with sliders? Awesome deal.

Tricking the airbag light is the only challenge along w/ insurance purposes. If I had a base GT, I'll def get them.

OP
OP

jdlufkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
None of the aftermarket seats have side airbags. Neither does 90% of the cars out there in the early 2000's.

I saw this seats installed on a friends friend in a 370z. Awesome seats IMO and $800 for a pair that comes with sliders? Awesome deal.

Tricking the airbag light is the only challenge along w/ insurance purposes. If I had a base GT, I'll def get them.
Yeah they're definitely priced well. The base GT seats aren't bad but coming from a premium mustang to a base, I miss my leather. $800 for a pair of leather seats and all isn't bad.

Sponsored

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Yeah they're definitely priced well. The base GT seats aren't bad but coming from a premium mustang to a base, I miss my leather. $800 for a pair of leather seats and all isn't bad.
$800 for the seats, then add $300 for mounts, $100 if you want risers, and maybe $15 in hardware.

It adds up.

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
saw them at mustang week. awesome seats...but no side air bags... no thanks. i got kids. I need protection lol.
Ha. you're just missing some lower body side protection without them. What's a door panel to the side of the body with the force of a moving car really going to do?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I've flipped two cars in my life that did 4-10 flips and up to 20 ft in the air to the top of a pine tree on the 2nd one... I need all the cushion I can get going forward... especially since i'm a dad now.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I drove an EB with them. Not enough torso side support to make me willing to give up having a working airbag system, but they were very comfortable and seemed well made.

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Finished getting the seats in this morning. The seats themselves are great. They look good in the car. But the install and fitment are expectedly aftermarket. So anyone wanting OEM fitment and feel aren't going to like these. They are comfortable though.
IMG_0959.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

JakeB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
do these sit lower than OEM?
Yeah, probably about an 1" lower than the minimum height setting on the oems.

I have a 1/4" riser on them now and I think I'm going to add more height later.

Going to see how the visibility feels after I put my RTR springs on before I decide to go higher with it. I'm 5'8", taller people should be fine with it

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, Jake, those look great.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
sweet!
Sponsored