Sponsored

Brand New And Broke

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Not my car . Back story . Guy seen this Mach 1 on a transport . Followed it to my place of employment , he had to have . So sales wanting to make a deal , rushed it to get the PDI done . Luckily the inventory manger would not let the guy drive it . So every thing is in a rush , I pop the hood and no coolant . Upon further inspection , coolant everywhere . Top off and pressure test , the fucking radiator is leaking between the right tank and core . Needless to say we do not have a radiator in stock and sales is flipping out . Radiator was replaced and now there is a happy [I think , do not know how bad he was screwed ] customer . I have been with Ford 32 years and over the last 8 or so years am seeing crap like this . Oh and the milage was at 3 when I pulled it into the shop .
Resized_20230124_154350.jpeg
Resized_20230124_154345.jpeg
Sponsored

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
So a supplier sold Ford a bad radiator and Dearborn didn’t catch it. Talk about a quality control breakdown.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
The supplier is supposed to do the quality control. No way to pressure test it when the car is being built on the line. Unless it was leaking when they drove it off the line and noticed. Managing the supplier and their percentage of defects is very much Ford's job.

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have to remember the parts used go to the lowest bid ......sad to say . If you all new of the APIM issues right now would blow your mind . Sync is great , when it works

Sponsored

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Another note the window sticker states ( Fighter Jet Gray ) but when you run an OASIS report the color is ( Cactus Gray ) . Ford being constantly inconsistent.........LOL

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
This is part of the reason why I won't ever get rid of my 2016 pp1 car. It has been problem free except for an updated heater core. Zero oil consumption and runs like it's brand new. As much as I'd like to have a new pp1 with magneride and active exhaust or a new mach 1, I'd be so worried about some lack of quality bullshit. And to pay that much money! Hell no!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The supplier is supposed to do the quality control. No way to pressure test it when the car is being built on the line. Unless it was leaking when they drove it off the line and noticed. Managing the supplier and their percentage of defects is very much Ford's job.
After the car is built, they start it and run it and that's a 3 mile road test or drive.

So the "quality control" lies back at the assembly line where the freaking radiator was probably leaking THERE too; no way it wasn't. But they still put the car on a transport to sell.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Every car gets a three mile road test?

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No ........LOL .........Most vehicles that come off the truck have about 5 miles . Most of the miles are from transport ...... moving from rail yard to truck ........ at least that what I see in AZ . Have to justify the 1900 destination charge ..... LOL

Sponsored

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
I wouldn’t count on Ford getting any better, they’ve stuck with a proven junk transmission in these cars since 2011 and still refuse to replace it with anything better. They’ve shown us over and over that Front office doesn’t care about the customer. I still believe the engineers do but they’re hands are tied by corporate. I honestly regret buying my 2020 GT big time, it will definitely be the last new mustang I buy and probably the last Ford product in general.

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t count on Ford getting any better, they’ve stuck with a proven junk transmission in these cars since 2011 and still refuse to replace it with anything better. They’ve shown us over and over that Front office doesn’t care about the customer. I still believe the engineers do but they’re hands are tied by corporate. I honestly regret buying my 2020 GT big time, it will definitely be the last new mustang I buy and probably the last Ford product in general.
Ok I have to ask , what transmission are you referring to

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
That extended warranty is looking better everyday. At this point Im looking for a reason not to buy it.
The people that price the extended warranty have access to much better reliability data than a consumer does. You can be sure it is priced to cover the anticipated cost to pay out any claims plus a healthy profit for both Ford and the selling dealer. I think you would always be better off to put aside the money for an extended warranty in your car maintenance fund than buy it unless your circumstances are such that you could not afford a major repair that would leave you without transportation.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
The people that price the extended warranty have access to much better reliability data than a consumer does. You can be sure it is priced to cover the anticipated cost to pay out any claims plus a healthy profit for both Ford and the selling dealer. I think you would always be better off to put aside the money for an extended warranty in your car maintenance fund than buy it unless your circumstances are such that you could not afford a major repair that would leave you without transportation.
It’s true it probably isn’t worth it for most people but you never know if you’re going to be that guy that experiences transmission or engine failures which cost more than the actual warranty.