Brand New And Broke

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
From what I heard, the 10 speed really isn't that bad.

Every MT82 I've driven in a 2015+ car has been great. I owned a couple different 2011s that didn't shift very well at all, but as far as I can tell the 2015 redesign really improved the Getrag. I haven't driven the 2018+, though.
I drove a new 18' GT some time ago, and I still remember how terrible the tranny was...clunky and just felt cheap and fragile. I know Ford reworked the MT-82s for the 18's and newer, but maybe that was an early build with a leftover tranny. My 22' MT-82 is nothing like that one.
Sponsored

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
This is part of the reason why I won't ever get rid of my 2016 pp1 car. It has been problem free except for an updated heater core. Zero oil consumption and runs like it's brand new. As much as I'd like to have a new pp1 with magneride and active exhaust or a new mach 1, I'd be so worried about some lack of quality bullshit. And to pay that much money! Hell no!
good news! i have pp1 with magneride and active exhaust and it has been absolutely problem free. (edit... almost. there was a recall related to possible back up camera overheat issues.)

Last edited:

Nitrousfedlx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt pp/ 2015 Ford Escape
good news! i have pp1 with magneride and active exhaust and it has been absolutely problem free. (edit... almost. there was a recall related to possible back up camera overheat issues.)
I had a recall about the backup camera harness maybe too short causing chafing. However mine still has some slack even with the trunk lid all the way open so I didn't need to have mine done.

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
We are buying the cheapest "sport" cars made right now, so what do you expect?
I am sure Ford can do a lot better, but they would have to charge a lot more for the car and we would be complaining about how much they cost.

Shit happens, fix it and move on, that's why warranties exist.
Sponsored