Sponsored

Brake Dust

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I bought ceramic pads front and rear for my R. I switch back to the OEM Ferodo pads for the track. Almost no discernible braking difference on the street with the ceramic. A month goes by, zero dust on the wheels.
Sponsored

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’ve got a guy at EBC. They are coming out with Red pads for our car. ... I’ve had Red Pads on two other cars; literally can almost label them as zero dust.
I ran GS-1s on mine before I dedicated it to track use. Almost zero dust.
How doe these two pads compare to the stock pads when it comes to track (thinking HPDE's) or hard braking? Much of a drop off?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
How doe these two pads compare to the stock pads when it comes to track (thinking HPDE's) or hard braking? Much of a drop off?
I can't comment on the EBC red pads, but the GS-1s are NOT for track use. They can't handle the heat (even noted on the website). They're a fine street pad that can handle casual autox and your spirited canyon runs, but I wouldn't use them on the track.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I pity anyone who doesn’t maintain a black wheel on this car.
I know that some guys are so obsessed about it they jack up the car taking off the wheels to clean them. I don't think continual jacking side to side flexing the chassis is good in the long run.

Between washings I leave the dust on the barrels and it is a matte color that's not really noticeable. A wipe down of the outside of the wheels with a disposable microfiber and no rinse wash applied to the microfiber and fifteen minutes of my time gets them looking great.

When the car gets dirty enough to wash, I start with Gyeon Q2M Iron from Esoteric and a microfiber stick that reaches all the way into the barrels. Just have to roll the car back a tad to get the caliper area. Works for me.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I think the satin black on my 6GR wheels hide it well. That's why I went with satin black rather than gloss.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I know that some guys are so obsessed about it they jack up the car taking off the wheels to clean them. I don't think continual jacking side to side flexing the chassis is good in the long run.

Between washings I leave the dust on the barrels and it is a matte color that's not really noticeable. A wipe down of the outside of the wheels with a disposable microfiber and no rinse wash applied to the microfiber and fifteen minutes of my time gets them looking great.

When the car gets dirty enough to wash, I start with Gyeon Q2M Iron from Esoteric and a microfiber stick that reaches all the way into the barrels. Just have to roll the car back a tad to get the caliper area. Works for me.
I don't jack my car up I have a lift and I regularly take my wheels off but for inspection. I also do not obsess over the dirty wheels or dirty car. I drive mine to often to get worked up about it. I might wash the car every two weeks in the summer because of the bugs here in AL.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I don't jack my car up I have a lift and I regularly take my wheels off but for inspection. I also do not obsess over the dirty wheels or dirty car. I drive mine to often to get worked up about it. I might wash the car every two weeks in the summer because of the bugs here in AL.
That's the only thing that really "Bugs" me about car cleanliness....Bugs! I wish someone would come up with a plasma zapper that would vaporize the little b@st@rds before they smoosh themselves all over the front end. :)

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
EBC Red pads are phenomenal on the street. No track experience with them, but I think the consensus is ceramic is not the way to go on the track anyways. It kills me to sound like my dad, but if you’re exceeding the capabilities of these on the street, well, then....

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I guess if you really enjoy driving the car, you wouldn't care about brake dust and how dirty it gets.
^^^Yep that's how I feel. I love the brakes on this car!! They can throw up all the dust they want. To me complaining about brake dust is up there with "this cars too loud" or "these tires wear out too fast". Just part of the stuff on this car that make it so good!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Bronze colored wheels will do a lot to help minimize seeing all the brake dust, along with a set of aftermarket brake pads. I would have switch my pads also if I didn't have the Ford maintenance plan that already covers them.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Respectfully, if its not ceramic, It will generate "dust". If you are going to make some compromise, it might as well deliver 100% on something else. my .02