Sponsored

Boot release not working

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
My boot (trunk) release is not working, by that I mean i cannot open the boot with the key, the button on the boot or the button inside the car.

Anybody else had this and have a fix?

thank you :)
Sponsored

rcengr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue EB Convertible, 2023 Colorado Z71
I'm assuming there must be something wrong with the electronics, a fuse maybe? There is a manual release for the convertible.

Unlocking the Luggage Compartment (Convertible Only)
imagen2.jpg

If the power decklid release does not operate because of a discharged battery, pull the rear seat left-hand side seatback cushion aside, insert the mechanical key blade into the key slot and turn the key to release the decklid latch

Cpl0313

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 eco boost convertible
Depending on year model the wiring harness is more than likely cut where it runs along the deck lid hinge.

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
thank you! Booked in this week to get it all sorted, in the meantime i can now get my lunch out of the boot.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I'm assuming there must be something wrong with the electronics, a fuse maybe? There is a manual release for the convertible.

Unlocking the Luggage Compartment (Convertible Only)
imagen2.jpg

If the power decklid release does not operate because of a discharged battery, pull the rear seat left-hand side seatback cushion aside, insert the mechanical key blade into the key slot and turn the key to release the decklid latch
Thank you, I did not know that.
Wonder why it's convertible only?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Update - the boot area wiring harness is being replaced under warranty, hope to have car back early next week :) Missing it already.

OP
OP
Gcorry

Gcorry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
all fixed and no comeback from the Dealership i use. If you are in Northern Ireland and want the best service I can recommend Desmond Ford in Derry/Londonderry.

Feedback from the service manager was that it was a well known fault of the hard plastic wire cover becoming brittle over time and that snapping then cutting through the internal wires.

It is so good being able to access my boot again and the reversing camera being back is a real help.

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Are you guys talking about the trunk? If you are I didn’t know the manual release from inside the car operates through a fuse. I would’ve thought it’s a cable. It would be nice if the trunk had a keyhole for these situations.

Cpl0313

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 eco boost convertible
Are you guys talking about the trunk? If you are I didn’t know the manual release from inside the car operates through a fuse. I would’ve thought it’s a cable. It would be nice if the trunk had a keyhole for these situations.
The convertible has a keyhole. It’s beside the drivers side rear seat.
Sponsored