Boot lid seam corrosion/rust help

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As mentioned on another thread when the service schedule is created on ETIS it includes the bodywork protection as an additional item along the lines of brake fluid change and gearbox oil change type things (because the intervals may not match with when the car is actually serviced). This applies to all Ford cars. Mine has always been stamped and no charge made.
The servicing garage have now confirmed via email this was carried out at the required point in time, they just didnt bother to stamp the booklet.....
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
well I checked my service history book and the dealer that sold me the car on its 2nd anniversary, did the service but no stamp in the bodywork section. The service done in February where I specifically mentioned to do the bodywork and corrosion check yeah thats missed too. Wt actual F with these dealers! They want hit in the face with a bloody chair!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
all of this circles back to my initial comment.... fix it yourself its not worth the shitstorm of dealing with the sorry excuse for dealerships in the uk

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
unles of course your car is a week old to you in which case you do fight it :bandit:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
unles of course your car is a week old to you in which case you do fight it :bandit:
nope you still take it and fix it yourself because its still less bother than dealing with ford and its shit show of a dealership

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
nope you still take it and fix it yourself because its still less bother than dealing with ford and its shit show of a dealership
OK lets be fair, there are some very good Ford dealers out there that I have experience of and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
OK lets be fair, there are some very good Ford dealers out there that I have experience of and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
don't believe it i'm afraid when you see the stream of people complaining about every single ford dealership i fail to believe there's even single one that is competent.
you may have got lucky and got a capable fitter but the overall dealership will be typically shit even worse where warranty claims are involved as ford hq just poopoo them all anyway.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
don't believe it i'm afraid when you see the stream of people complaining about every single ford dealership i fail to believe there's even single one that is competent.
you may have got lucky and got a capable fitter but the overall dealership will be typically shit even worse where warranty claims are involved as ford hq just poopoo them all anyway.
Well I understand you have had a few problems, but really to state that all 400 Ford dealers are rubbish in the UK is going too far. You will not have even spoken too, or met most of them !

So, by all means call out the ones you have dealt with that have let you down, but keep it real !

I am very happy with all aspects of the two dealerships I deal with on a regular basis over more than 30 years and over 35 cars. Had a few warranty claims over the years (not many) and all have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. I can only speak as I find.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Well I understand you have had a few problems, but really to state that all 400 Ford dealers are rubbish in the UK is going too far. You will not have even spoken too, or met most of them !

So, by all means call out the ones you have dealt with that have let you down, but keep it real !

I am very happy with all aspects of the two dealerships I deal with on a regular basis over more than 30 years and over 35 cars. Had a few warranty claims over the years (not many) and all have been dealt with quickly and efficiently. I can only speak as I find.
believe what you think i can't help it being wrong.

there's 2 people above in this very thread who are about to add yet 2 more dealerships and their shit bodyshops to the list of bodge it and scarper or spout bullshit and not fix it. bearing in mind over 30 years i've had mostly fords the quality and standard of the dealerships from cornwall to newcastle has dropped so far that these days you're better off buying from a pikey you get better service. couple that with ford head office threatening to take me to court if i don't accept their shoddy workmanship.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
believe what you think i can't help it being wrong.

there's 2 people above in this very thread who are about to add yet 2 more dealerships and their shit bodyshops to the list of bodge it and scarper or spout bullshit and not fix it. bearing in mind over 30 years i've had mostly fords the quality and standard of the dealerships from cornwall to newcastle has dropped so far that these days you're better off buying from a pikey you get better service. couple that with ford head office threatening to take me to court if i don't accept their shoddy workmanship.
You are just being silly now. You cannot tell me that I am wrong about the good service I have had ! You don't know me, you don't know the dealer, you have no idea what service I have had, but you know better. Mmmmmmm :giggle:

It least one above (OP) is getting good service from the dealer in that they have told them they will claim on warranty and fix if the claim is rejected - what is the problem there ?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
You mean fix where the work is poorly done or a quick hash job to get it out of the door as cheaply as possible.
Its funny i opened a random other thread on the top of the main UK page the first post was someone complaining about the dealer fitting a wheel bearing wrong when replacing a busted one on warranty.

You couldn't make it up and if you've had anything like good service than you are by far the exception rather than the rule, now I may sound silly but lets see you have to fork out 12k for Fords fuck ups and then threaten to take you to court because you rejected the work 3 times.

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You are just being silly now. You cannot tell me that I am wrong about the good service I have had ! You don't know me, you don't know the dealer, you have no idea what service I have had, but you know better. Mmmmmmm :giggle:

It least one above (OP) is getting good service from the dealer in that they have told them they will claim on warranty and fix if the claim is rejected - what is the problem there ?
Any chance you could name the dealers you have had a good experience with?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Any chance you could name the dealers you have had a good experience with?
Elkins Ford in Westbury and Peter Stirland in Hungerford - sadly not on your doorstep! There was somebody on here a while ago praising a dealer in Nottingham, but I cannot remember which thread, or dealer, which is obviously really useful!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You mean fix where the work is poorly done or a quick hash job to get it out of the door as cheaply as possible.
Its funny i opened a random other thread on the top of the main UK page the first post was someone complaining about the dealer fitting a wheel bearing wrong when replacing a busted one on warranty.

You couldn't make it up and if you've had anything like good service than you are by far the exception rather than the rule, now I may sound silly but lets see you have to fork out 12k for Fords fuck ups and then threaten to take you to court because you rejected the work 3 times.
Oh of course - you are right. I have been conned all along :giggle:
Sponsored