DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
To all of you boosted drivers.

I have a 20 GT vert with a G2 ESS on 93.
I'd like to upgrade or eliminate my cats. Given I enjoy the sound my car has now wondering what you all suggest? I have a Steeda H pipe and Active Exhaust.
I've heard others say eliminating the cats all together doesn't sound good.
Considering performance cats.
I don't have LT headers nor am I convinced I need them as I'm happy with the performance now.
The car is my summer cruiser and I don't track it.
For me and knowing Non Boosted Stock cars from factory Cats, were not designed for Boosted applications like the GT500, Hellcat ETC. I would highly recommend you remove them or install ones made for Boosted applications. You engine can and or will be destroyed if and or when your Stock GT Cats clog. To replace an engine is quite costly?. Good Luck
Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To all of you boosted drivers.

I have a 20 GT vert with a G2 ESS on 93.
I'd like to upgrade or eliminate my cats. Given I enjoy the sound my car has now wondering what you all suggest? I have a Steeda H pipe and Active Exhaust.
I've heard others say eliminating the cats all together doesn't sound good.
Considering performance cats.
I don't have LT headers nor am I convinced I need them as I'm happy with the performance now.
The car is my summer cruiser and I don't track it.

Thanks everyone!
You might want to check out the thread I started a few weeks back this. My cats went out after about 10k miles. Went with deletes and bought another set of factory manifolds and welded a flange to the cats for easy removal/install.

Catless was too loud for me so I added additional resonators to the factory system and that was a very effective solution. To the noise. Brought it very close to how the factory system sounded, but with not cats.

still deciding on what I am going to do long term regarding cats vs no cats, but this gives me a solution I can work with.

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Kona Blue A10
I have the 2M'"s and 14 back exhaust manifolds. I had to cut the flange on the drivers side pipe reclock the flange and weld. I have active exhaust and the stock resonator and I hate my car. Its to loud for me and drones in the two thousand rpm range. My cats went at around twenty thousand miles.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Once you delete cats you need an aftermarket valved exhaust IMO for cold starts to be reasonable. Varex valved is good for this. Insanely loud at WOT when the valves are open but no drone, and quiet with no drone when cruising.

Dont keep the valves closed when doing pulls though, way too much backpressure. literally went from 5's 60-130 with them open, to 8's with them closed.

OP
OP
CUL8R

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
You could do the 2M fabrication cat delete pipes, and then cut in some 3" universal cats (Gesi 300 or 400 cell) with slip or butt joints. That way you would still have your OEM manifolds, and could easily remove/inspect your cats. You do have to cut the drivers side cat off, and weld the flange onto the pipe though.

If your active exhaust is OEM, you can have your tuner change the position of the flaps for each drive mode, to suite your taste. Like many others, once I installed Long tubes, my exhaust was too loud for my old ass (even with the OEM resonator and OEM active cat back). I was considering adding resonators, but then decided to have Wengerd adjust the valve positions. Quiet is still closed, normal is 25%, Sport is 40%, Track is wide open. All settings go to full open when WOT.
Decided your suggestion is the route I'm going to go. Keep the stock mani's, and I purchased the GESI Gen 2 Advanced G Sport HO cats. I'll discuss the 2M with my exhaust guy to see what he thinks is easiest.

Thanks all!
John
Sponsored