Sponsored

Wondering how many boosted have ARH high flow cats?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Just wondering. I have high flow ARH now but will change over to catless next month. Just curious how many had high flows after doing boost specifically with American racing headers. I’ve seen some horror stories with high flows considering factory cats are usually never an issue especially in regards to engine failure. I really would never recommend high flows but I had them already installed so I was stuck having to spend more for the race pipe cat swap from them.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just wondering. I have high flow ARH now but will change over to catless next month. Just curious how many had high flows after doing boost specifically with American racing headers. I’ve seen some horror stories with high flows considering factory cats are usually never an issue especially in regards to engine failure. I really would never recommend high flows but I had them already installed so I was stuck having to spend more for the race pipe cat swap from them.
Your factory cats will probably out flow the high flows

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your factory cats will probably out flow the high flows
the factory cats are never really a problem with boosted applications like high flow cats. Which are made differently. The internals are more destructive and when they get hot, melt inside and get “packed” and works it’s way through the engine if you continue to push it after you feel the car lug. Which should be right away. I unfortunately have high flow cats but ordered the ”race pipe“ catless replacement part. There’s no way I’m chancing any sort of engine failure and pretty much won’t push the car until I get the part going forward. I was just wondering how many people out there are using high flows and are boosted.

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
I have this setup. Only been on for a few weeks. No issues so far. My car is registered collector so I could have gone catless. But my lord - it is plenty loud.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have this setup. Only been on for a few weeks. No issues so far. My car is registered collector so I could have gone catless. But my lord - it is plenty loud.
Kk. Yeah I have the high flows on the ARH those Catless pipe replacements can’t come soon enough. It’s like bothering me to the fullest lol.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
the factory cats are never really a problem with boosted applications like high flow cats. Which are made differently. The internals are more destructive and when they get hot, melt inside and get “packed” and works it’s way through the engine if you continue to push it after you feel the car lug. Which should be right away. I unfortunately have high flow cats but ordered the ”race pipe“ catless replacement part. There’s no way I’m chancing any sort of engine failure and pretty much won’t push the car until I get the part going forward. I was just wondering how many people out there are using high flows and are boosted.
Do you think the factory cats will live at high boost levels?
I have car deletes on my GT 350
it sounds nice and toned down after I replaced the factory resonators with the magnaflow tru X .
... but it’s still raspy compared to when I had the OEM cats . I would honestly be ok giving up some power with the cats if I was not risking my motor .

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Do you think the factory cats will live at high boost levels?
I have car deletes on my GT 350
it sounds nice and toned down after I replaced the factory resonators with the magnaflow tru X .
... but it’s still raspy compared to when I had the OEM cats . I would honestly be ok giving up some power with the cats if I was not risking my motor .
Put the Cats back on and monitor back pressure or exhaust temperature. You will know if a cat gives out
Sponsored