Sponsored

Boosted Engine bays!

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What size Kenne Bell is that? I was considering the 3.6 or 4.2L.

No sir. Max, absolute max would be 11 psi and I'm just a bad batch of fuel away from engine knock and detonation.

93 just isn't enough octane to support that kind of boost level.

The rule of thumb is that for every psi I believe you need 1.5 more octane so would need 100 octane to run 15psi.

Could use octane boosters but it gets very expensive really quickly haha. Not to mention the car struggles to put this much power down as it is.

Mt next upgrade is likely to be the GT350R brake package upgrade after I install the propshaft and half shafts.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
What size Kenne Bell is that? I was considering the 3.6 or 4.2L.
I went for the 2.8 simply because I knew I'd be running a 93 octane tune. So the 2.8 was the most efficient option but it still has room to grow.

If i was in the States. 100% 3.6 because of E85. It all depends on your power goals I guess. The install is simple, did it myself. No cutting etc. Literally a simple bolt on. Let me know if you have any questions about the install etc

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Dirty engine bay
RoushVMP 3.jpg

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I went for the 2.8 simply because I knew I'd be running a 93 octane tune. So the 2.8 was the most efficient option but it still has room to grow.

If i was in the States. 100% 3.6 because of E85. It all depends on your power goals I guess. The install is simple, did it myself. No cutting etc. Literally a simple bolt on. Let me know if you have any questions about the install etc
Is there a reason your Case looks different than the other 2.8's? It doesn't have the gear bulge in the front.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Is there a reason your Case looks different than the other 2.8's? It doesn't have the gear bulge in the front.
To be honest, I never noticed that until now. I think the newer iteration may have got rid of that for asthetics? Kit is only a year old.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sure would be nice if KB would update their site, lol.
Sponsored